Heron Lake Plateau New life, new start?
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,984 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She appreciated his honesty when, instead of simply saying what she wanted to hear, Rye included a couple of disclaimers. Towhee nodded and said, "Fair enough." She then lapsed into silence for a few beats, considering. Once upon a time, she would've drilled him harder than this. Yet she was genuinely afraid the Redhawks would fall apart. The only thing she could think to do was recruit, even perfect strangers with zero ties to the family. Would it really be Redhawks anymore, when everyone she knew left, to be replaced with anonymous warm bodies? Towhee shoved that thought away.

"All right, Rye. You're in," Towhee said, ignoring the slight unease as she stepped aside and motioned to the slope that led up to the plateau proper. "Make yourself at home, I guess. Oh, and make a point to introduce yourself to Quixote. He's the Alpha. Other than that, just earn your keep and I'm sure you'll fit in." And with that done, she had a patrol to do, though she waited to see if Rye had any last words.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
New life, new start? - by Rye - January 14, 2019, 02:10 AM
RE: New life, new start? - by Towhee - January 14, 2019, 09:59 AM
RE: New life, new start? - by Rye - January 14, 2019, 11:50 AM
RE: New life, new start? - by Cinder - January 14, 2019, 12:36 PM
RE: New life, new start? - by Towhee - January 14, 2019, 12:41 PM
RE: New life, new start? - by Rye - January 14, 2019, 01:04 PM
RE: New life, new start? - by Towhee - January 14, 2019, 01:08 PM
RE: New life, new start? - by Rye - January 14, 2019, 01:49 PM
RE: New life, new start? - by Towhee - January 14, 2019, 02:10 PM
RE: New life, new start? - by Rye - January 14, 2019, 03:35 PM
RE: New life, new start? - by Towhee - January 14, 2019, 03:40 PM