Cedar Sweep Such owls as you.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,015 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee saw the moment when some sort of reply came, as Fen tilted her head to listen. "Someone from over that way," she translated, pointing blindly back in the direction of the grove, "says they found two Blackfeather kids near the ravine." The deaf Kilonova read her daughter's lips carefully, her own mouth a grim line. "I don't recognize the voice," Fen added, which drew Towhee's lips into a frown. The call had come from home, hadn't it?

Before she could dwell on that, someone materialized in the sweep. Towhee felt herself sag with relief when Elwood padded over to them. There was no time for introductions, though she made a point to nudge Fen and say quietly to her, "It's your Grandpa Elwood." Technically, he was her great uncle, yet that seemed like an unnecessary mouthful right now.

Facing her godfather, Towhee said, -"I ran into a pup named Rowan Blackfeather in the ravine near the grove."- That he'd actually given her a hyphenated name was not a detail she recalled consciously. -"I'm sure you just heard someone howl about two pups. Who was it?"- But she supposed that didn't really matter. -"They've found us,"- she finished, face contorting in disgust and rage.

There was no fear, at least. With the three packs forming a stronghold, Towhee wasn't worried about another war. If the Blackfeathers tried to invade, they would be slaughtered, of that she had no doubt. But the principle of it still rankled her on a visceral level.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Such owls as you. - by Towhee - September 04, 2019, 11:25 AM
RE: Such owls as you. - by RIP Niamh - September 04, 2019, 01:27 PM
RE: Such owls as you. - by Elwood - September 05, 2019, 09:36 AM
RE: Such owls as you. - by Towhee - September 05, 2019, 07:30 PM
RE: Such owls as you. - by Elwood - September 09, 2019, 06:59 PM
RE: Such owls as you. - by Towhee - September 10, 2019, 01:11 PM
RE: Such owls as you. - by Elwood - September 15, 2019, 08:24 PM
RE: Such owls as you. - by Towhee - September 16, 2019, 01:32 PM
RE: Such owls as you. - by Elwood - September 25, 2019, 11:46 AM
RE: Such owls as you. - by Towhee - September 30, 2019, 10:30 AM