Cedar Sweep We opened a door (we shouldn't have).
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,016 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He pranced excitedly in front of her, his movements rapid and jerky, making it impossible for Towhee to read his lips. She had no idea he was shouting. She stared at him, picking up on his innocent excitement, and felt her guts twisting. If she'd run into him out here a few days prior, she wouldn't have thought anything of it. Now, she motioned him to come stand closer to her, while peering around suspiciously.

Was this the way of it now? Despite how much she'd miss Raven and the rest of them, and the safety of the sisterhood, she hadn't faulted her sister any more than she intended to follow her. But now Towhee questioned the wisdom of standing her ground. Would they always sense a threat, now that the Blackfeathers had oozed into their well, poisoning the sweet water?

Towhee angrily ground her teeth against the impulse to herd Niamh's son back to the copse. No. She refused to live like that. Their illusion of peace had been just that: an illusion. But even with the Frosthawks departing, they were still powerful, a united force with twice the strength of a single wolf pack. Nothing could stop the Blackfeathers from popping up like the disease they were, yet she was resolute that they could fight and beat that virus again, if it came. Fuck living in fear of the possibility.

Forcing herself to appear much calmer than she actually felt, Towhee peered down at the boy and said, -"Bronco, slow down and stand still so I can at least read your lips. Then repeat what you said."- She still couldn't help herself from looking about warily as she spoke, though she tried to force herself to let it go and concentrate on Bronco's small, eager face.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by Towhee - September 04, 2019, 09:52 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Bronco - September 04, 2019, 11:47 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by Towhee - September 06, 2019, 07:33 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Bronco - September 07, 2019, 01:36 AM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by Towhee - September 07, 2019, 09:09 AM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Bronco - September 07, 2019, 11:29 AM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by Towhee - September 07, 2019, 03:37 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Bronco - September 07, 2019, 06:31 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by Towhee - September 08, 2019, 06:35 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Bronco - September 13, 2019, 06:21 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by Towhee - September 17, 2019, 09:47 AM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Bronco - October 02, 2019, 03:56 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by Towhee - October 21, 2019, 01:37 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Bronco - October 23, 2019, 09:21 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by Towhee - October 25, 2019, 09:26 AM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Bronco - November 05, 2019, 12:12 AM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Niamh - November 05, 2019, 12:17 AM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by Towhee - November 11, 2019, 01:20 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Niamh - November 13, 2019, 12:50 AM