Sun Mote Copse Dance of the sugar plum fairy.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,016 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It didn't surprise Towhee in the least when someone came barreling out of the den to greet the prodigal daughter. More like wayward sister, she corrected herself, sidestepping to give Penn room to greet his litter mate. A small smile tugged at her mouth as she prepared to witness a joyous reunion, though it slipped right back off her face when several things happened in quick succession.

First, Towhee noticed the way Sugar went absolutely rigid at her brother's touches. Second, she saw the way Penn drew back, his posture doing a total one eighty as he snarled at Sugar. Towhee didn't hear the sound, though the way his teeth bared was unmistakable. Towhee felt a little whiplash as she made an abortive movement to come between the two siblings.

Before she could, Sugar gave Penn an inscrutable look and Towhee saw her lips form the words, "Don't touch me." Then, without another word, she slunk inside the den. The mercenary wondered if there were cries of surprise and joy coming from inside, though her attention swiftly moved to Penn.

She didn't know her younger brother that well, though she kicked out a foreleg to press gently against his chest, just in case he was thinking of going after Sugar. Towhee's lips pressed together in consternation as she stared at the den's mouth. There was a distinctive feeling of wrongness in the air and Towhee found herself thinking once more, Whose blood...?

"I wouldn't take that personally," she eventually said, speaking slowly as she caught Penn's eye. "We don't know what she's been through..." She felt a shudder creep down the ladder of her spine. "She's probably just exhausted," Towhee added, almost as if trying to convince Penn or maybe even herself. Whose blood? Then, apropos of nothing: "Are you any good at fighting, Penn?"
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Dance of the sugar plum fairy. - by Towhee - December 11, 2019, 02:17 PM
RE: Dance of the sugar plum fairy. - by Penn - December 14, 2019, 10:29 AM
RE: Dance of the sugar plum fairy. - by Towhee - December 16, 2019, 10:19 AM
RE: Dance of the sugar plum fairy. - by Penn - December 18, 2019, 02:24 PM
RE: Dance of the sugar plum fairy. - by Towhee - December 19, 2019, 11:28 AM
RE: Dance of the sugar plum fairy. - by Penn - December 20, 2019, 03:18 PM
RE: Dance of the sugar plum fairy. - by Towhee - December 21, 2019, 02:01 PM
RE: Dance of the sugar plum fairy. - by Penn - December 21, 2019, 06:23 PM
RE: Dance of the sugar plum fairy. - by Towhee - December 23, 2019, 07:15 PM
RE: Dance of the sugar plum fairy. - by Penn - January 03, 2020, 11:48 AM
RE: Dance of the sugar plum fairy. - by Towhee - January 07, 2020, 11:31 AM