Redhawk Caldera And a voice, with the fear of a child, answers.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,984 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Ever since being buried in the landslide, she hadn't liked enclosed spaces much. But somehow she found herself underground, blinking in the dim light of a cave. It was just one of many that ran beneath the caldera, she assumed. Towhee wondered if it might be the very same one where they'd all been trapped inside for a few weeks when she was only a wee pup.

She wandered over to one of the cold rock walls and slid down to the floor with a sigh. It was just as chilly down here as outside, though at least there was no windchill. And the low light made it feel cozier. Towhee was far from comfortable though. Primrose's death weighed heavily on her. She had suffered losses in her life, though never the loss of a child. It was so enormous that it was almost like she hadn't yet properly grasped it.

After a few moments, she rose onto all fours again. Despite her melancholy, she felt restless. Towhee paced around the cold, dark cave, wishing she could go outside and just... run. She didn't want to run anywhere in particular—and it wasn't so much an urge to run away from anything, either—she just wanted to push herself so far and fast that it would wipe her mind clean of thought, if only for a little bit.

She ranged back to the cave's mouth and peered outside, where the snowstorm raged. Drawing in a deep breath, Towhee leaped atop the several feet of snow drifted against the slope. She stilled, legs braced. Her weight held. Loosing a cry, she sprinted downhill, gaining speed rapidly as the wind shrieked futilely in her ears.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
And a voice, with the fear of a child, answers. - by Towhee - January 17, 2021, 09:10 PM