Redhawk Caldera Magic is costly. You take what you didn't earn, but you pay for it.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,016 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She breathed hard after her tirade, suddenly feeling like she wanted to drop to the ground. It wasn't just an emotional exhaustion, either, but a physical one. She lurched forward a step to balance against a sudden sense of vertigo, all the while trying to steel herself so Reyes wouldn't notice anything amiss. But the effort stole all her concentration for a beat, causing her to miss everything he said in response, save for the last sentence.

No, I don't, she thought. Aloud, she said, "Are you? Thinking?" She exhaled, trying to simmer down for her own sake. This confrontation was taking more out of her than she had ever expected, right when she thought she was strong again. "I don't know why you think these conditions are so much to ask. I'm not out to get you and nobody is going to go out of their way to make your life miserable, Reyes. I don't even want to interfere with you and the kids. All I wanna do is keep an eye on you, and only until I feel like you're not going to have another random accident. It's for their safety, literally nothing else. Think. Really think, Reyes. Is that really so much to ask of you?"

Towhee sucked in a breath, thinking she was through for the moment when more words came pouring out of her mouth. "I don't know where you got this idea that anyone is going to treat you like dirt, or shit. Or why you insist I'm trying to hold it over your head forever, when I'm literally telling you exactly how to put this behind us. I want you to prove to me that it's not going to happen ever again. I want to be able to trust you around our kids again. But I can't do that without you doing whatever it takes—in this case, yes, humbling yourself—to rebuild the trust you broke when you attacked our son," she said with an air of weary finality.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Magic is costly. You take what you didn't earn, but you pay for it. - by Towhee - August 11, 2021, 06:03 PM