Redhawk Caldera are you discussing or fussing or simply dreaming?
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,984 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Great idea! \o/

To Towhee's horror, she was suddenly hit with an overwhelming urge to cry. Her throat tightened and tears sprung to her eyes, prickling. She wanted to turn away but she didn't want to miss anything Rue said. She knew the Regent wouldn't hold it against her, or judge her, but all the same, she felt embarrassed as she furiously swiped at the tears tracking down her cheeks.

She couldn't speak. Towhee appreciated Rue's take on the situation. In fact, it made the tears fall faster as she felt a wave of gratitude toward the woman. Towhee had lost so many wolves to one thing or another this year, but Ruenna had been solid as a rock. The Sovereign hoped Rue knew she didn't take any of it for granted and wondered if she was doing a good enough job demonstrating that.

Towhee nodded haltingly at the question about Reyes's whereabouts. She didn't actually know that for a fact, though she simply assumed he'd gone there and intended to stay there so he could be close to the kids. She felt a burst of anger flash through her, fiery hot, when she was reminded that his title there meant more to him than actually being close to Caracal and the twins. He had chosen pride over progeny.

The heat of her fury at least dried her tears. She was better able to focus her orange gaze on Rue as she assured her they would make it work. Towhee noted the lack of commentary about Fennec and wondered what Rue was thinking. She didn't dare ask. And she appreciated Rue's reticence. Towhee knew she couldn't handle it right now. The way Fen had treated her that day had cut her much more deeply than she'd realized at the time. In time, it would hopefully heal, but until then, Towhee didn't even want to think about it, much less discuss it.

The remark about Aliana was met with a quizzical look. Who? She felt another lick of shame and pushed it down, placing complete faith in Ruenna's judgment. "Of course. That's good," she acknowledged a bit lamely, making a mental note to seek out this Aliana sometime. Now that she thought about it, the name was vaguely familiar but the fact stood: Towhee had never met the woman. That needed to change.

At last, Towhee opened her mouth to say something when her face contorted suddenly. It felt like something was inside her, gnawing on her belly. It was so sharp, she let out a quiet gasp. It faded quickly, leaving mild nausea in its wake. Towhee swallowed a mouthful of sour saliva and let out another shaky breath. It felt like everything she'd been through lately had manifested itself in the world's worst stomachache. She wondered if that could possibly be true.

Once recovered from the brief spell of pain, she said gruffly, "You really are the best, Rue. I wish I could think of some way to show you how much I appreciate you. I guess I could try to find your favorite food or give you a spa day or something but..." Towhee laughed a bit dryly. But she was a terrible hunter and there was definitely no way either of them could kick back, relax and take time off during times like these.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: are you discussing or fussing or simply dreaming? - by Towhee - August 22, 2021, 10:46 AM