Redhawk Caldera are you discussing or fussing or simply dreaming?
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,984 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The way Rue eventually relented suddenly reminded Towhee of the day she'd more or less strong-armed the pregnant Raven into taking the Alpha female rank from her. What really brought the comparison home was the way she falteringly spoke of Phox. Towhee stared, wondering if history could be about to repeat itself.

Could Rue really be saying what Towhee thought she meant, though? Towhee had thought about the pairing too, though she hadn't dared mention it. But Rue herself had just brought it up—again, assuming they were on the same page here—and here was a platform to voice her own thoughts on the matter. She couldn't miss this opportunity.

"He might...?" Towhee coaxed, though she wasn't really the patient sort, so she didn't even give Rue chance to reply before saying, "I've said it before and I'll keep saying it: I can't speak for my brother. But I don't think the rank thing matters that much to him. And I'm not sure this is what you were hinting at but I've actually thought you two might make a good pair, someday. You know, I once stepped aside so my older sister, Raven, could become the Alpha pair with her mate. I'd be happy to do the same for you and Phox, should that day come and the three of us discuss and decide among ourselves."

But that day was a long ways off, if it ever came at all, and none of them could predict the future. They only had the here and now to work with, so Towhee resisted the urge to speculate any further and instead circled back to today's promotion. "If you find the role doesn't suit you, you're always welcome to resume the Regency. But I really think you'll be great," she finished, "Queen Rue."
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: are you discussing or fussing or simply dreaming? - by Towhee - August 28, 2021, 03:14 PM