Sunset Valley Lights from the airfield, shining upon you.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Rye collected himself, pushing to all fours and drawing in some steadying breaths. Towhee watched him in silence, eyes moving to his lips when he spoke again. She paid attention and didn't interrupt, understanding that he needed to exorcise these demons by talking through them. She couldn't hear but that didn't mean she couldn't listen.

"I know that feeling," she told him, frowning in commiseration, "but I assume you'd feel that way, even if you'd spent all the time in the world with them. Don't you? There'll never be enough time. Hey, don't do that," she added when she saw tears beginning to well in Rye's eyes again, then slip down his face.

She bumped her shoulder against him again, then cast her eyes around the ground searchingly. It wasn't exactly the right time of year for it, though she spotted a brittle brown leaf a few yards away. Towhee fetched it and tried to pass it to Rye, saying, "Here's this in case you need to blow your nose..." It was more silly than anything, an effort to distract him with a joke.

"Life's a bitch," she repeated with a sigh, resuming her seat next to him, "but you've got me and my friendship, for whatever that's worth." Probably not much. But if there was one thing Towhee could offer that most wolves couldn't, it seemed, it was a refusal to leave or die. Nuh-uh, she wasn't going to do either one of those things anytime soon.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 13, 2021, 08:24 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 20, 2021, 11:08 AM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - December 20, 2021, 10:05 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 20, 2021, 11:28 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - December 27, 2021, 10:45 AM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 27, 2021, 07:01 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 01, 2022, 04:40 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 04, 2022, 10:09 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 05, 2022, 08:37 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 07, 2022, 01:37 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 10, 2022, 03:38 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - January 10, 2022, 07:06 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 17, 2022, 12:51 AM