Emberflame Ridge Every face, every song.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,015 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The smirk caught her by surprise. He seemed to be in much better spirits now than during their last rendezvous. Once she overcame her surprise, Towhee felt happy for her friend. Time had begun to heal his wounds. He explained that he was out surveying, mentioning he would rather patrol the surrounding territories than spend any more time wallowing. Her tail waved approvingly.

She sensed Rye didn't want to talk about it any further than that, even before he questioned her about Meerkat. His query earned a sharp look from her, wondering what he meant by "bothered." Before Towhee answered, she reflected on her various and brief meetings with her daughter. How much of Meerkat's personal business should she share? He was a trusted friend and Meerkat's own pack mate, though it didn't seem like it was Towhee's place.

"She's about to turn two," she replied, "so you know what that means." She gave Rye a lecherous look, then laughed. "I warned her what it might be like, though I'm hoping she doesn't take after me in that regard. I'm sure I don't need to remind you..." Towhee huffed another laugh, thinking back. "Shit, Rye, I think you were my first, weren't you?" The first of many, including—if memory served—the one she'd boinked right in front of Rye's face. Towhee cringed a little at her past self.

"Anyway," she said after clearing her throat, "before I head to the glacier, I was going to grab a snack. Can I borrow you for a little bit?" Towhee didn't actually wait for an answer, she moved past him, nudging him to get him to come along and continuing the conversation by saying, "You know, I was actually thinking of you the other day..."
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Every face, every song. - by Towhee - January 05, 2022, 12:33 PM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Rye - January 09, 2022, 11:10 PM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Towhee - January 10, 2022, 12:03 AM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Rye - January 18, 2022, 09:08 PM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Towhee - January 18, 2022, 09:40 PM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Rye - February 03, 2022, 07:09 PM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Towhee - February 03, 2022, 09:41 PM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Rye - February 04, 2022, 12:09 AM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Towhee - February 04, 2022, 10:40 AM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Rye - February 04, 2022, 04:44 PM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Towhee - February 06, 2022, 12:44 PM