Emberflame Ridge Every face, every song.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,015 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It was actually mildly entertaining, watching the different expressions floating across Rye’s face. As she stared at him, another thought hit her, totally unbidden. Could Rye be the exception? They’d known one another so long and remained friends through the ups and downs of life. If they lived in the same place again for the first time in years, could that develop into something more? It might even be worth the risk, knowing what she knew about Rye. She couldn’t imagine anything he might do to jeopardize the relationship.

But then he spoke and she focused her eyes on his lips. Her heart sank a little and Towhee found herself swallowing an unprecedented amount of disappointment. But she told him, I get it, truthfully enough, playing it casual. Like I said, there’s no obligation. I just wanted to throw it out there, y’know? She smiled softly at him. It was stupid to have even entertained that train of thought anyway, she knew.

So, maybe a rabbit? she said in the next minute. If she’d possessed the ability to convey tone, willingly or otherwise, she might’ve sounded a little brittle.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Every face, every song. - by Towhee - January 05, 2022, 12:33 PM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Rye - January 09, 2022, 11:10 PM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Towhee - January 10, 2022, 12:03 AM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Rye - January 18, 2022, 09:08 PM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Towhee - January 18, 2022, 09:40 PM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Rye - February 03, 2022, 07:09 PM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Towhee - February 03, 2022, 09:41 PM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Rye - February 04, 2022, 12:09 AM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Towhee - February 04, 2022, 10:40 AM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Rye - February 04, 2022, 04:44 PM
RE: Every face, every song. - by Towhee - February 06, 2022, 12:44 PM