Redsand Canyon Free the bone from the flesh.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,016 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
11/22: I’m going to wrap this to ease your load!

Leona didn’t take the bait, choosing instead to whine about it. Towhee felt a flicker of annoyance, though she knew the girl was young. She didn’t get it. All Towhee could do was try to make her understand.

-“Since I can’t hear, it really helps me with communication. I’m pretty good at lipreading but the visuals help me out a lot. It makes me feel… included, I guess, when other people bother using it. It means they care that I can follow along and understand.”-

But just in case she couldn’t appeal to Leo’s developing sense of empathy, Towhee would always fall back on the other perks of a silent language. They ranged from the comical to the deadly serious. The kid was young enough that she still might not care that much, though Towhee was always compelled to make her case when it came to Ptero; it was a bit of a passion of hers.

-“And, again, there’s nothing as satisfying as signing insults, especially if the person you’re insulting doesn’t know the language. You can say shit right to their face and they won’t even know.”- Towhee clicked her tongue. -“Then there’s the applications when hunting or fighting; you can signal to your comrades without letting the prey or the enemy overhear you.”-

Whether or not she was sold, Leo humored her mother, at least for a little while. Towhee only really enjoyed sharing her language with those who truly wanted to learn it, though, and eventually gave up in favor of talking shop re: mercenary training.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Free the bone from the flesh. - by Towhee - October 19, 2022, 12:08 PM
RE: Free the bone from the flesh. - by Leona - October 19, 2022, 12:19 PM
RE: Free the bone from the flesh. - by Towhee - October 19, 2022, 04:44 PM
RE: Free the bone from the flesh. - by Leona - October 20, 2022, 02:16 PM
RE: Free the bone from the flesh. - by Towhee - October 23, 2022, 01:54 PM
RE: Free the bone from the flesh. - by Leona - October 26, 2022, 11:55 AM
RE: Free the bone from the flesh. - by Towhee - October 26, 2022, 12:26 PM
RE: Free the bone from the flesh. - by Leona - October 31, 2022, 01:58 PM
RE: Free the bone from the flesh. - by Towhee - October 31, 2022, 03:04 PM