Heron Lake Plateau she's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Still Raven protested. Towhee felt her frustration mounting. Perhaps they should table this conversation until later, give them both some time to really consider everything. But that just didn't appeal to her right now. It was like something had clicked into place in her head and she wanted to push it right this second.

Mustering patience, Towhee bit back a scoffing laugh and asked, with genuine curiosity, "How do you figure I'm 'the rightful Alpha'? You're older and more experienced. You're just as skilled. What do you think, that a medic's beneath a mercenary?" Shaking her head, she continued, "Don't sell yourself short, Rave. I mean, even if you really don't want to take me up on this, you're just as worthy of the honor, okay?"

She shot the caregiver a steely look, then sighed after a beat. "I mean all of it. I think you'd make a good Alpha and that it makes total sense, especially given this situation." She waved a paw at Raven's midsection, pausing to see if she could spot a baby bump (she couldn't). But as she was peering at her sister's slender side, something took seed inside Towhee, quickly flowering in her mind.

Looking into the medic's eyes, Towhee spoke slowly again. "I'd decided not to promote Quixote, after all. It just doesn't make sense for the two of us to be Alphas... especially now. So if you say no, you're also denying him his chance. And I'm not telling you this to be petty or shitty or whatever. It's just the honest truth. So, please, take a minute and think about it before you give me your final answer."
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
she's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true - by Raven - May 07, 2018, 02:29 PM
RE: she's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true - by Towhee - May 07, 2018, 05:30 PM