Heron Lake Plateau she's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,984 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
There was no sense of victory within Towhee when Raven finally agreed to her terms. She felt guilty for forcing her sister's hand like that in the end, to the point where she felt mildly disgusted with herself. Then there was the whoosh of horror that swept through her when she realized she'd just stripped herself of her rank and booted herself out of the leadership entirely. She still thought it was the for the best, yet it hurt her pretty badly right in the ole dignity.

She held her head high even as she closed her eyes and nodded, muzzle dipping forward and nose touching her sister's as if letting the crown slip from her head and onto Raven's. "It's not just what I want," she replied, "but it's what I think is best for the pack, especially its future." She opened her eyes and gazed at Raven's trim flank again. She managed a small smile. She really was excited for the pups—her very own nieces and nephews—to arrive, regardless of the circumstances. "If anyone's this pack's matriarch, Raven, it's you."

It was never me, no matter what their godparents had thought. The thought of telling Finley and Elwood what had just transpired made Towhee feel a bit like puking. They were going to be somewhere between disappointed, furious and sad, none of which she felt equipped to handle. But she also knew they wouldn't deny that Raven—and Quixote, of course—would make great leaders, as well as parents.

"For whatever it's worth, I'm gonna be right here to support you in every possible way, Rave," were Towhee's concluding words. "Now you should go find your boy toy and tell him the news, then the two of you should make the announcement together. Both the pregnancy and the change in leadership."
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
she's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true - by Raven - May 07, 2018, 02:29 PM
RE: she's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true - by Towhee - May 07, 2018, 06:03 PM