Heron Lake Plateau Shadows alive.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee noticed Quixote's expression growing sourer and felt an unpleasant tingling of heat between her shoulder blades. But it was Niamh who spoke first, so the mercenary was forced to tear her gaze away from the Alpha male and focus instead on his sole current co-leader. The breath held in Towhee's lungs left her in a noisy whoosh when the Beta vouched for her quite confidently. Although she pulled a playful face at being spoken of in third person while she was right here, she couldn't fight the relieved grin that took over her face. Gratitude glistered in her orange eyes.

Slowly now, said eyes tracked back to Quixote. His response took her by surprise, as she'd been expecting resistance of some variety based on his face. But then it occurred to Towhee that he probably hated everything about this situation and that it had nothing to do with her or her offer. She felt a lot of appreciation and sympathy for her brother-in-law in that moment as it became clear that he didn't have any qualms, aside from an understandable question about her leg. He even mentioned that Raven would have her stay in leadership when the time came; there would still be room then.

Towhee bobbed her head. "Leg's pretty good. More than that, I've adapted to it better than I ever thought I would." And because it was pretty clear they were on-board and Towhee had promised to keep it brief, she said, "Well, that's settled then," with a humored tilt of her snout at the rapidity of it. In a lower tone, she added, "Why don't you go back to her, Qui, tell her the news. Niamh can bring me up to speed on how I can help." It would actually be the first time she and her Person were leaders together, a thought which crossed Towhee's mind along with a little thrill.

In that interim of seconds where Quixote would either acquiesce to her suggestion or decide against it, Towhee spoke a few last words: "And thanks again for letting me rejoin the club." She bowed her head to her now fellow leaders, feeling even more grateful than they'd ever know, as well as vaguely guilty. Her inner elitist was deeply satisfied, hopefully so much so that it would stay quiet and allow Towhee to focus on the more honest and relevant reason for stepping up: guiding the Redhawks' future once more.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Shadows alive. - by Towhee - November 19, 2018, 11:01 AM
RE: Shadows alive. - by RIP Niamh - November 19, 2018, 04:45 PM
RE: Shadows alive. - by Quixote - November 20, 2018, 01:41 AM
RE: Shadows alive. - by Towhee - November 20, 2018, 08:14 AM
RE: Shadows alive. - by RIP Niamh - November 20, 2018, 07:24 PM
RE: Shadows alive. - by Phox - November 20, 2018, 10:02 PM
RE: Shadows alive. - by Quixote - November 25, 2018, 04:42 AM
RE: Shadows alive. - by Towhee - November 25, 2018, 11:18 AM
RE: Shadows alive. - by RIP Niamh - November 26, 2018, 01:38 PM
RE: Shadows alive. - by Quixote - December 02, 2018, 01:38 AM
RE: Shadows alive. - by Towhee - December 02, 2018, 12:23 PM