Sun Mote Copse and your heartbeat is heard three rooms over
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,015 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Although she still wasn't in great shape, Towhee roamed the borders restlessly, trying to keep her mind off her losses. Losing her brother and son hurt the worst, of course, but losing the others was salt in the bleeding wound. And that's exactly what they were: lost. It was as inexplicable as it was unbearable. They'd been trapped all that time, simply to vanish at the critical moment? If they had found another way out, why hadn't they immediately regrouped at the copse? She didn't want to entertain the thought that they could be buried beneath the rubble. But, dead or alive, where were they?

She wasn't doing a very good job of distracting herself from the matter. By the time she rounded a bend in her patrol and clapped eyes on Wraen and two familiar figures, Towhee had worked herself into quite an emotional lather. But the instant she recognized Sundance and Dorea, a bubble of hope rose up in her chest. She sped toward them, unleashing a single bark of wild joy as she sprang at the pups and began nosing and sniffing them all over.

"You're okay! You're all right," Towhee muttered, repeating herself several other times before stepping back and asking the critical question: -"Where have you been? Are the others with you?"- Her orange eyes raised to dart around a little wildly but she saw no one else.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
and your heartbeat is heard three rooms over - by Dorea - November 22, 2019, 12:05 PM
RE: and your heartbeat is heard three rooms over - by Wraen - November 23, 2019, 06:27 PM
RE: and your heartbeat is heard three rooms over - by Towhee - November 25, 2019, 10:02 AM
RE: and your heartbeat is heard three rooms over - by Dorea - November 28, 2019, 11:56 PM
RE: and your heartbeat is heard three rooms over - by Wraen - December 14, 2019, 05:11 PM
RE: and your heartbeat is heard three rooms over - by Towhee - December 16, 2019, 12:02 PM
RE: and your heartbeat is heard three rooms over - by Dorea - December 16, 2019, 01:32 PM
RE: and your heartbeat is heard three rooms over - by Wraen - December 20, 2019, 05:38 PM
RE: and your heartbeat is heard three rooms over - by Towhee - December 21, 2019, 10:54 AM