Moonspear i am too young to have these scars
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
Joining 
i'm not sure who all is joining her aside from @Dacio & @Opalia; please let them reply first.

praimfaya's heart and pride smart with the sting of the knowledge that she has failed before she could even make it to wear the title of wanheda. she knows the blame along rests upon her shoulders: for being too young, too inexperienced; and yet linkoln, while not denying these things, assures her that the missing herds and lack of loyalty among their ranks are the true source of blame. but why where they unloyal? it goes over and over in her head as she makes the trek to moonspear's borders, this time her visit seeking a more ...permanent solution.

though she prefers to follow no one's lead but her own if she is forcing herself to swallow her pride and face the fact that has become ugly and evident before her: she is not a worthy leader ( at least, not as a child ), she would rather it be hydra and dirge's rule. despite the beating her pride takes, the wounds her identity suffer from, praimfaya knows in the future — when she is older — she will try to rebuild roangeda again. she must.

her steps slow as she begins to near their borders and when she comes to a complete halt a respectful distance away she looks to her companions, feeling the weight of her failure anew. she sends up a howl announcing their presence.
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
They approached, and the mountain loomed taller and taller. Its reach seemed terribly vast. She had never come so close to it, and traced its outline to the sky.

She hadn't compartmentalized her thoughts on everything, yet. It was all too familiar. All the shortcomings, all the efforts spent, and the loyalty that they could not hold fast to--she felt she was no stranger, especially here time and time again in the wake of Drageda's fall. Nothing had made for an ideal fit for long enough. The Roankru had felt so promising while it had lasted, and yet, even with that--with them, together--nature had still been able to dash that hope for now.

In the wake of Praimfaya's howl, Opalia was markedly quiet. She trusted her choice, and Dacio's too because she felt that she had to.. though it was not like she had anywhere else to be in these darkest days of the whole year. It was her companions that had met the Moonspearian leaders directly before, not her, so her faith was on them exclusively. Using what she did know about the mountain pack through the others, maybe it could offer them the stability nowhere else could--and sweeter if the leadership was not made of soft spines and disloyalty. That was all she wanted. Even better if they might find it so nearby their own attempt at something like that, too.

She refused to let uncertainty grip her. After a little huff, she abandoned Dacio's immediate shadow to assume a watchful post on Praimfaya's unoccupied side for her little attempt at staying busy while keeping trepidation away for the wait.
bury all your secrets in my skin
361 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Sorry for delay, it's been a busy holiday period!

Roangeda's failure did not lie entirely on Praimfaya's shoulders. Dacio and his sister had felt the weight of such misfortune before, when their idea of Stegeda had been crushed by a lack of support. It was difficult to build something from the ground up, he knew all too well: their kind were few and far between, and outsiders seemed reluctant to follow a juvenile without the relevant experience for such a title.

He'd never really looked at his young charge and seen anything less than her potential. Destiny, something he'd never believed until that fateful day when their paths crossed, was what had brought them together. The dissolving of their kru did not damage his opinion of her. It was to Praimfaya that he'd made a promise, one he intended to keep, and as the trio trailed from the fen to Moonspear, he wanted to go forward into this new opportunity with a positive outlook. 

This was not the end; Hydra was a she-wolf worth following, and to be relieved of leadership pressure meant he could turn focus entirely toward Praimfaya's training. They could thrive there, all of them, and he hoped fiercely that it was meant to be.

Dutiful, he lingered in the backgrounder as a request was sent forth for attention, and he waited patiently for an answer.

"Trigedasleng" "common"
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The call that came was one that surprised the matriarch as she, this hour, instructed the children present at the rendezvous the art of maintaining a proper offense. She had only been in the beginnings of her lesson when Praimfaya's voice sounded, and Hydra knew the other would not call without necessity. Being Queen of the Wilderness meant she would ever answer the call, and Hydra paused to answer the summons with a low, long howl: I am here; I am coming

Regarding her children, Hydra gestured to the resting @Yama in the backdrop. Go on, practice upon her, Hydra invited in a low, playfully conspirational whisper, eyes bright upon her younger sister making it no mystery she was being spoken of, if Yama was looking, if you are lucky, she will not suspect a thing, she drawled. Though, looking to them, Hydra recognized their growth; six months, now, and some change. They had grown into their paws (though still had growing yet to do), and the children were as sizable as she (some, larger!); withdrawing, some, Hydra decided, looking to each cub one at a time should they be present (@Vega, @Osiris, @Antares, @Atlas, @Dragomir) though if you would like to accompany me, you may; I ask if you do wish to join me, that you are quiet and observe. A leader of Roangeda calls; she is our ally, and a part of the Wildernesses coalition. With that, the matriarch turned and departed; Hydra was not at all slow as she made her way to the trio that awaited. She knew that one among her five (Dragomir) had been to the borders many a time, but this sort of moment was one that, then and there, she perceived to be different in that to hre knowledge, Roangeda still stood. This, she thought, was a political visit. 

With that in mind, Hydra descended and navigated her territory with a surefooted stride. Her ears flit backward to listen for the sound of any cub that had elected to follow, though no further recognition was given beyond that for now. Well ahead of any that had done so (at least presently), Hydra arrived before Praimfaya soon enough, slowing only when she was close enough to see the young woman... and the rest with her. Here she paused, her own form not yet in their line of sight; this she had not anticipated, and it caused her stride to lengthen. 

The Queen arrived before the three that waited, her movements more savage than elegant as she regarded those before her; her ears pressed gently forward as she listened for the sound of others that may lurk beyond them, and her eyes and nose sought evidence of injury or harm. There was none of that to be seen, then, and Hydra was mollified by this at least. She stood before them, patient and poised, her gaze roving over them all (only one amongst the party a stranger to her) before they settled upon Praimfaya. She stood in a way that befitted her station, before she greeted cordially: to what do I owe the pleasure? After all, Hydra had, thus far, nothing but enjoyed her encounters with two of the three before her... if the third was anything like the other two, she could not imagine they would not get along to some degree. 

Even were it an enemy that brought the three to her doorstep, she could thank them for such prior to their final undoing.

Ideally, alongside her comrades. 

One ear rotated backward to listen for any indication that her children would be joining her. As a preemptive forewarning, Hydra advised: I have invited the cubs to join me; if they are not here already, they may be here soon... unless they decided to regard my alternative instructions, she hummed (read: attack Yama). 

Kiddos, if you post here I just ask that you're aware that due to this being a joining thread I may hop over y'all in posting order to complete this in as timely manner as possible! <3 If you want me to PP their being there, let me know as well. I just threw Hydra ahead of whoever may have been at the rendezvous then, for simplicity sake! Kept that in itself vague but tagged any who could have been there :)
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
453 Posts
Ooc —
From his place at the rendezvous, Dragomir rose when Hydra beckoned. Though he would reach his ninth month in a week's time, some of Hydra's cubs had come to stand taller with their growth spurts. This did nothing to diminish his presence among them; he was an impressive figure in his own right, sculpted well by the mountain slopes and the exercises he continued with even now. He'd been to the borders multiple times but never for a visit from another pack, and he was eager to absorb this lesson just as he had been for every other one. When the queen set off, he was hot on her heels.

Only when he was close enough to see the visitors fully did his heart constrict. He mistook Praimfaya's silver fur for Isi's and his pace grew frantic and swift, bringing him unbecomingly up to Hydra's rear, but before he was close enough to make a complete fool of himself, he drew up short. Disappointment slugged him like a sledgehammer in the chest. Isi didn't have dark markings under her eyes like that, and this wolf lacked her fangs. Only then did Dragomir allow his eyes to wander to her companions, and only then did he recognize Dacio as well.

Flagging his tail over his hindquarters and arranging his face into his best impression of Hydra's impassive expression, Dragomir approached, but left space between Moonspear's Alpha and himself. Back-up, as it were. His eyes went to Dacio first, him being the only wolf Dragomir knew among the party. Opalia he didn't know at all, and Praimfaya he failed to recognize from the newborn she'd been when he last saw her. Her scent, he remembered, but could not place a memory to it.

He said nothing, but stood at the ready in the event this wasn't the pleasant meeting Hydra assumed it would be.

I'm skippable/powerplayable for the entire thread, just wanted to join in because of his tenuous connection with them. I'll prioritize replying to it if needed, just tag me if that's the case!
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
praimfaya, too caught up in her failure, does not see how this might benefit her. that just because one chapter closes does not mean that roangeda is lost to her forever. the truth is and was and always would be that she is, as she is, too young. this would give her chance to focus upon her training with dacio, and to, should they be accepted, learn from hydra and dirge as well. presently, however, all she can focus on is how she's failed roangeda. how she's failed blodreina who believed her capable when no one else did.

it does not take long for hydra to greet them; and along with her a black male with a rosé pink nose that praimfaya mistakes to be one of hydra's own. isi was the only of her bloodkru she'd seen the most recently after all. to bring the words forth makes it feel all the more real and for a moment, the would-be commander falters, voice failing to come forth with the soft breath that leaves her.

a commander admits her defeats.

roangeda has fallen, though it might come as no surprise at all. the words burn just as tears do at the back of her eyes as she stares into the face of her burden and her failures. despite this, she lifts her head, refusing to let the quiver of unshed tears and sting of failure beat her down to the ground. it would take it's toll, yes, but she has not survived all that tragedy that she has to let this be her undoing. we were hoping that you might take us in ...if you have the room to spare, of course. should hydra turn the trio away ...well praimfaya has no backup plan and is not sure what they'd do. she only knows that, somehow, they'll survive.
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
The dark queen of the mountain came before them, a mighty presence paired with a shadow of her own in tow and the possibility of more, it seemed. Opalia said nothing at first, letting their worlida state their cause while she was still busy taking it in, though the golden Roankru still felt the horrible weight of the words as she observed how the mountain wolves would receive them. Her ears hung back and her head stayed low, subdued and quiet in the wake of their admitted failure here at the foot of their home.

But, for the trio that had come here, it was not intended to be an end. Opalia planned to harden in the wake of all they had lost once more and rise again. Yet, of course they were young, and needed a break--something consistent, and towards this, she had no reason to have her doubts, but they could no longer fight the famine, gather fellow warriors, train, and gain any grounds as a solo cause. Her sorrows, perhaps, couldn't be set aside entirely.. but that was not all she was to be here and now.

When appropriate, she spoke up with her contribution, namely for herself. I am Opalia Roankru, formerly of Drakru, she gave, keeping her entire stance respectable as she offered up what she thought the leaders here needed to know. Dacio and Praimfaya had their past encounters to go on, and a first impression already set among fellow leadership--whereas she did not, and only had going forward. So, best to make good use of it. If Hydra even had the space to consider them, the yearling wanted her to do so well-informed. I have trained since I was young as a mercenary for my homes, and would continue to do so here. To fight, guard, and all else, Opalia was a willing, bright body and mind for the right cause.
bury all your secrets in my skin
361 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Hydra acknowledge the summons, though did not approach by herself. At her flank strolled a boy, one with a familiar nose that paled in comparison to his raven pelage. Dragomir had grown since last their paths had crossed, but Dacio recognised him at once; he was sorry to have brought no news on the whereabouts of the youth's missing sister.

Still, he looked upon Vercingetorix' son with a softness in his pastel gaze, then turned to greet Moonspear's Queen with a polite and respectful dip of his speckled snout. While she was no true Heda, Hydra had proven herself to be as strong and fierce - she was a wolfess worthy of loyalty.

Praimfaya shared with her the fate of their kru, and Dacio remained quiet on the matter even as Opalia took it upon herself to offer introduction. He cocked a charcoal lobe toward her, unsure why she felt the need to offer her name and background, before he reminded himself that all of Roangeda's interaction with Hydra and her kin had been through he and their aspiring commander. "My sister," Dacio tacked on when the golden she-wolf concluded, simply to reveal to their potential new leader that Opalia was no rogue.

"Trigedasleng" "common"
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra only noted Dragomir there; of the cubs, he was undoubtedly the most experienced of them with the borders and so it was no wonder he arrived first. Hydra wondered if the others would come to meet her here, or if they were otherwise devoted to her first order of business. They did so enjoy harassing those she set them upon after all; the excitement of that might cause them to firstly attend to that, simply to say that they had. It would not surprise her. Truth be told, with so many here she was not so disappointed by none of their being here for the first encounter should things go awry... which Hydra did not suspect, and yet was ever prepared for. 

Dragomir, too, she felt at the ready. 

Fortunately, though, she had been correct in her suspicion that they had not come with the intent to behave aggressively. Still, she could not help but be surprised by what was revealed; Roangeda was no more? Hydra, even despite the girls youth, had high hopes; and yet, there was a quiet thrill to think that Hydra could assist in her growth here, and better their relationship that way. Her gaze drifted toward Opalia, who formally introduced herself then; she approved entirely of her upbringing, and of her future plans should she be permitted here. Dacio thought to add that the she-wolf was his sister, which surely did add even more of an edge; Hydra quite liked the pale-furred Roangeda male even independent of formalities. Like ever called to like. 

And so by the end of it all, Hydra looked to Praimfaya. There is room for you three, she informed with the wave of her tail, thinking also of Praimfaya and her care of Dragomir. Them being here could also quicken her own plans to hunt for the seawitch and her fellows... it was a difficult thing to do in the Winter, and in the Spring she did not think it would be any easier given what was surely to come... but they could prepare for the day that might come; old and new generations united for their common cause. More wolves to train with them was something that could only improve their odds. Given Hydra had trusted them enough to become allies in the first place, she trusted them too to become subordinates beneath her rule. She started with: I trust you will do for Moonspear as you would do for your own Roangeda... Moonspear was tightly knit; though primarily its members were of her own blood, many now among them were not which pleased Hydra to think of their growth to come. ...and so, if you are prepared to hunt with us, and defend, you all are welcome, she drawled, certain that Praimfaya, Dacio, and Opalia expected as much... but being perfectly clear nonetheless of her expectations. Once they said as much, they would be welcomed wholeheartedly with open arms as she had said.
453 Posts
Ooc —
It was a very succinct border meeting, presumably because Hydra already knew these wolves. He made a mental note on how the three handled themselves on the borders and how Hydra handled them in turn, and made a second mental note to ask the Alpha about later. Praimfaya was younger even than him, but all three seemed like capable wolves, and it would do him good having access to at least one wolf who knew his father and their heritage, even if Dragomir had nothing to do with it.

It wasn't his place to speak here, but when things seemed mostly concluded, he couldn't help piping up with, have you seen my sister, Isilmë? His eyes fell on Roangeda's former Klikalida as he asked this, for he recalled speaking with the man about his missing sister some time ago. Surely if Dacio had found her or heard anything, he would've brought word to Moonspear, but the question was borne on the wings of desperation rather than logic.

Winter was coming and she was still gone.
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
praimfaya is silent as opalia introduces herself to hydra and dacio adds in that she is his sister. with abated breath, the wanheda awaits the verdict of whether moonspear would offer them refuge in these trying times; relief flooding her when hydra speaks that there is room for their trio. of course. praimfaya responds for them all to hydra's expectations. it wasn't anything she hadn't asked of her own kru after all. we are kru now. kru was more than just blood, after all. it was a bond and the fact that moonspear would see them beneath their wing when trials and tribulations saw them down on their luck was not something the aspiring wanheda would ever forget.

dragomir speaks about isi, of whom praimfaya knows now is still missing, and though she desires to answer it is not her that is asked but instead dacio; and so she remains silent, letting her seda respond to the question that he's been directly asked.
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
After Hydra revealed that they do have room for the lot of them, Opalia could not be anything be relieved and dipped her nose in a knowing nod. She had come with confidence in Praimfaya and Dacio that their reputation might come in handy for their favor here, but with times as trying as they were hunting in the south.. sheer number alone had to be considered, with winter, and Hydra's own family to feed first and foremost. To find she had space to welcome them onto her mountain was a very important beginning.

Opalia soon realized where she was though, how established this all had to be to have lasted as well as they said, and another mindful glance over the shadowed leader and charge simply confirmed her every feeling. They looked well, her remarkably so. The yearling had to no reason to hang on to doubt now, not if this was to be her new kru starting now. Past failures were done--over with, and old. She should have plenty to look forward to instead.

And so it was.. just like that, she exhaled as one of their newest, and felt like the question posed to them afterward was one best in Dacio's paws. She didn't know the wolf, and as such was silent.. then really curious if her brother actually knew anything about this fellow's sister--how convenient if he did.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Having heard Praimfaya, Hydra nodded and drawled to them: welcome, then, and then Dragomir spoke. Her gaze panned toward those before her and when none gave indication of having seen her, Hydra's gaze lastly beheld Dacio for any evidence of the contrary. Should none be given, Hydra would breathe: we will continue our search for her, quietly, but no less devoted to the task for that... but for now, they would need to get settled.

That in mind, Hydra turned and invited them with her so that she could take them to the rendezvous where they could further get acclimated on their own. 

Short fader since I did not even realize it was my turn and they're in z pack now <3 Rebs if you wanna get another post in I'll leave this up for a day/two if you want to fade!
453 Posts
Ooc —
None had seen Isilmë. Dragomir found it difficult to hide his disappointment as the trio were welcomed into Moonspear and he hoped they didn't take offence at his lack of cheer. It was good to have them and it would be good to catch up with Praimfaya someday, perhaps get to know his father's former comrades-in-arms, but presently, it was all dampened by the fact that his sister should've been here for it. Praimfaya had ever been her friend moreso than Dragomir's.

Hydra moved to show the newcomers to the rendezvous and Dragomir peeled off on his own, opting for a forlorn lope around the borders instead.