Sun Mote Copse Moonrock rampage
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Wraen didn't let the matter rest there. Towhee did her best to pay attention, even when Meerkat began to fuss a little, though she was admittedly distracted during bits of the Sovereign's story. It was a valid discussion, though the Regent couldn't help but think it would have to wait until a better time. Even if she wasn't preoccupied with trying to soothe the suddenly squirming newborn, she didn't feel particularly pragmatic about anything relating to puppies at the moment.

"I don't know," she answered honestly, letting a paw rest gently on the baby, who seemed to take comfort from the warmth and weight. "I'll have to think about it and get back to you." Towhee paused. "Although my knee-jerk reaction is that, well, the Alpha is law, and part of being top dog means you look out for what's best for the pack and make the tough calls. Even if I was in charge, I don't think I could bring myself to hurt a helpless pup," the Regent confessed, which was true long before Meerkat had come along, "but you would be within your rights to boot out a mother and her pups if you felt the pack couldn't support them. That's why I wanted to make sure there was nothing like that happening here."

When Meerkat began to suck on one of her toes, growing still once more, Towhee couldn't help but smile. She was grateful she needn't fear upheaval because of this little one. She had never intended to undermine Wraen's leadership, had acted out of sheer irresponsibility borne of her incorrect beliefs about herself, but still the dominant female would've been within her rights to make Towhee leave. Technically, she could've killed Meerkat, though that idea was absurd in so many ways. It didn't bear thinking about; none of it did. Wraen had already accepted "Mirka" as a ward of the pack and Towhee took her at her word, so all was well.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Moonrock rampage - by Wraen - March 01, 2020, 09:16 AM
RE: Moonrock rampage - by Towhee - March 01, 2020, 12:57 PM
RE: Moonrock rampage - by Wraen - March 07, 2020, 06:27 AM
RE: Moonrock rampage - by Towhee - March 09, 2020, 09:04 AM
RE: Moonrock rampage - by Wraen - March 14, 2020, 04:14 AM
RE: Moonrock rampage - by Towhee - March 14, 2020, 12:39 PM
RE: Moonrock rampage - by Wraen - March 14, 2020, 01:03 PM
RE: Moonrock rampage - by Towhee - March 14, 2020, 01:31 PM
RE: Moonrock rampage - by Wraen - March 14, 2020, 02:12 PM
RE: Moonrock rampage - by Towhee - March 14, 2020, 07:29 PM
RE: Moonrock rampage - by Wraen - March 15, 2020, 04:31 AM