Sun Mote Copse Everybody hates Monday mornings.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When it seemed like Arcturus might slink away, only to turn back, his attention fixed on her child, Towhee finally tore her eyes away to glance down at the pup. Her face remained blank for several beats as she watched in wonder as her child made an incredibly rudimentary sign for "hi." Her breath caught in her throat and she forced her gaze upward again, shrewdly fixing on Arcturus again just in time to catch the last two words and thus the gist of his query.

"Nunya," she said vehemently, attention drifting downward again as Meerkat stopped waving and instead flopped forward onto her belly, tail wriggling wildly as she presumably barked at their unwelcome visitor. "Her name is Suricate," Towhee acceded without looking at him, her eyes only for her baby now.

Despite being grounded as such, Meerkat still flailed her little forelegs, unmistakably in play. At least, that's what the Regent thought initially. But rather than just thump her paws in invitation, the pup also lifted her right paw in the air in an a silly little wave. In a way, this was Meerkat's first word, and this fact was not lost on her rapt mother.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Everybody hates Monday mornings. - by Towhee - March 23, 2020, 08:51 PM
RE: Everybody hates Monday mornings. - by Arcturus - March 23, 2020, 09:44 PM
RE: Everybody hates Monday mornings. - by Towhee - March 23, 2020, 10:37 PM
RE: Everybody hates Monday mornings. - by Arcturus - March 25, 2020, 11:34 AM
RE: Everybody hates Monday mornings. - by Towhee - March 25, 2020, 11:44 AM
RE: Everybody hates Monday mornings. - by Arcturus - March 26, 2020, 05:17 PM
RE: Everybody hates Monday mornings. - by Towhee - March 27, 2020, 08:50 AM
RE: Everybody hates Monday mornings. - by Arcturus - March 27, 2020, 10:32 AM
RE: Everybody hates Monday mornings. - by Towhee - March 28, 2020, 03:53 PM
RE: Everybody hates Monday mornings. - by Arcturus - March 31, 2020, 11:16 AM
RE: Everybody hates Monday mornings. - by Towhee - March 31, 2020, 12:15 PM