Sun Mote Copse Maybe we can make a deal, maybe together we can get somewhere
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,002 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Most of the time, Towhee didn't mind her deafness, nor notice it particularly. There were occasions where she missed things because of it, of course, though usually nothing particularly significant. Today, however, it made her late to a very important party. When she arrived at the den site—the destination of Meerkat's very first foray away from the whelping den—not only did she find it occupied but crowded. And as she looked around in bewilderment, it slowly dawned on her that Niamh must have given birth.

A strange feeling briefly curdled in her breast, though it was quickly swept away by excitement and joy at this unexpected development. She had only meant to bring Meerkat here for a quick visit, just the two of them. She turned her focus to the beige pup who had plopped her butt on one of Towhee's forepaws and was now gazing around at the gathering with wide, curious eyes. Her daughter had never before seen so many wolves at once, so Towhee thought she might be overwhelmed. But if that was the case, Meerkat quickly overcame it and bounded forward, laughing and smiling as she batted at the nearest wolf's leg and began excitedly signing, -Hi!- over and over.

The Regent's attention remained fixed on Meerkat for a moment before deciding she had never been so well supervised. So she sought out Phox, spying his silhouette through the den's door. Hanging back a yard or so, Towhee said, -"Congrats,"- before asking, -"how're mom and babies doing?"- Of course, she wanted to know all the particulars, though she knew she didn't have to ask; he would fill her in on the newest additions who would one day know her as Towma.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread