Sun Mote Copse You'll float too.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Phox latched onto the lifeline she had thrown him. If she was in denial, then they were in it together. She bobbed her head, understanding his initial horror. She hoped to save Eljay and Weejay from some degree of the same by reburying Wildfire's remains as quickly as possible. It would be a macabre exercise but, loved ones aside, their older sister deserved the respect.

-"Not here,"- she said gently when her brother began to dig. -"We should put her back. Well, we should probably pick a better spot but somewhere close by the original one. We won't have to tell anyone."- Before Phox could even acknowledge anything she said, Towhee stepped forward and bit the bullet—or the skull, as it were. Fortunately, the spinal cord was still attached. The load was unwieldy but not heavy.

Turning, she more or less sprinted back toward the copse's makeshift cemetery. She wanted to get this done as swiftly as possible, including holding Wildfire's wet bones in her mouth. She resisted the urge to drop them unceremoniously upon her arrival back at the graveyard, instead setting them down gently. She waited for Phox to catch up before pointing to a spot a few yards away, on the other side of their godparents' graves, and beginning to claw at the wet soil.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
You'll float too. - by Towhee - September 02, 2020, 10:54 AM
RE: You'll float too. - by Phox - September 03, 2020, 07:29 AM
RE: You'll float too. - by Towhee - September 03, 2020, 09:39 AM
RE: You'll float too. - by Phox - September 05, 2020, 08:31 AM
RE: You'll float too. - by Towhee - September 07, 2020, 01:45 PM
RE: You'll float too. - by Quetzal - September 10, 2020, 07:20 PM
RE: You'll float too. - by Phox - September 12, 2020, 10:06 AM
RE: You'll float too. - by Towhee - September 12, 2020, 03:58 PM
RE: You'll float too. - by Quetzal - September 14, 2020, 07:37 PM
RE: You'll float too. - by Phox - September 30, 2020, 08:44 PM
RE: You'll float too. - by Towhee - October 01, 2020, 12:42 PM