Sun Mote Copse blood in the water
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,016 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Eljay seemed a little taken aback, which caused her skin to flush, though he quickly filled her in on what had happened. Towhee blinked several times throughout his story, though she did not interrupt. She didn't speak right away when he finished, taking a moment to process what she'd been told. She might not think highly of Eljay much of the time, though she absolutely trusted his medical skills. Towhee also knew he would never tell anything but the truth.

She loved Fen and Niamh both, so hearing about the altercation put a bit of a knot in her stomach. She was a little ashamed to admit she was immediately tempted to side with her young, blind daughter, especially given Eljay's perspective on the matter. But she told herself to reserve judgment. She would speak to both of them about it, hear what they had to say for themselves. Even then, they were both adults and she was no mediator. Towhee didn't want to insert herself in the middle of it more than was necessary as the pack's matriarch.

Her jaw clenched as she wondered, though: had Niamh really shoved Fen? Or was that a figure of speech? It sounded like Eljay hadn't witnessed it for himself either way. Towhee drew in a breath and let it out on a noisy exhale. It had to be more of a misunderstanding than anything, really. She knew both women could be a little moody at times (just like Towhee herself), though they had good hearts, so it was surely more of a miscommunication than any kind of actual malice.

Realizing she still hadn't said a word, Towhee loosened her jaw to say, -"I totally agree with you."- Despite the circumstances, she found herself smiling suddenly, giving a little snort. -"Bet you never thought you'd hear me say that, huh? But I know you're a solid medic, a master, and nobody should be questioning your judgment,"- she confirmed on a more serious note.

-"Thanks for telling me,"- Towhee added after a few beats, her expression pensive. -"You should go find Niamh and talk to her first. I don't want to tag team her. I'll try to find Fen and have a chat with her. Anything else I need to know before I go?"-
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
blood in the water - by Eljay - September 18, 2020, 05:04 AM
RE: blood in the water - by Towhee - September 21, 2020, 03:11 PM
RE: blood in the water - by Eljay - September 21, 2020, 03:29 PM
RE: blood in the water - by Towhee - September 21, 2020, 05:12 PM
RE: blood in the water - by Eljay - September 22, 2020, 03:56 AM
RE: blood in the water - by Towhee - September 22, 2020, 08:35 AM
RE: blood in the water - by Eljay - September 23, 2020, 10:47 AM
RE: blood in the water - by Towhee - September 23, 2020, 11:55 AM
RE: blood in the water - by Eljay - September 23, 2020, 04:44 PM
RE: blood in the water - by Towhee - September 23, 2020, 06:29 PM
RE: blood in the water - by Eljay - September 24, 2020, 06:51 AM