Redhawk Caldera wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
His expression swiftly switched to a contemplative frown and Towhee found herself watching his face carefully, intrigued by whatever was on his mind. Eljay didn't make her wait, giving voice to his thoughts. She hadn't expected him to raise this subject and her lips pursed as he spoke. He asked her a pointed question but Towhee didn't answer right away, trying to parse out exactly what he meant and whether or not she should feel defensive about it.

"She didn't feel comfortable being formally allied with Moonspear," the Sovereign said slowly, "which kind of happened by accident. I've been friends with Hydra my whole life but nothing was ever official until Meerkat waved her magic wand of charisma one day." Towhee laughed dryly. "I didn't have any idea it would make Wraen want to leave until after the fact," she continued, brow furrowing, "and I offered to go back to Hydra to discuss the terms of the alliance, anything to get her to reconsider, to stay. But she insisted, something about 'a true friend does not make their closest choose.' She said her decision was final."

Recollecting that kind of hurt, even after their more or less happy reunion. Towhee distinctly remembered getting very emotional about Wraen's imminent departure. She'd cried, if memory served, and literally tried stomping away to Moonspear. She felt a flush under her skin, her orange eyes squinting toward the sunset before wandering to Eljay's face, trying to read his expression and whether she'd answered his question.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Eljay - November 18, 2020, 02:48 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Towhee - November 18, 2020, 03:05 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Eljay - November 18, 2020, 03:56 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Towhee - November 18, 2020, 04:02 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Eljay - November 19, 2020, 01:15 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Towhee - November 19, 2020, 01:35 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Eljay - November 19, 2020, 01:48 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Towhee - November 19, 2020, 02:00 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Eljay - November 19, 2020, 03:57 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Towhee - November 19, 2020, 07:46 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Eljay - November 20, 2020, 10:25 AM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Towhee - November 21, 2020, 04:01 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Eljay - November 23, 2020, 03:36 AM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Towhee - November 23, 2020, 11:30 AM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Eljay - November 24, 2020, 08:02 AM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Towhee - November 24, 2020, 11:30 AM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Eljay - November 25, 2020, 05:20 AM