Firefly Glen Where this road leads me
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Joining 
Tagging @Lunaria for reference. Also @Osiris, @Atlas or @Antares.

After weeks of wandering on her own, while sticking to a relatively small area, Keyni had decided it was time to act. Winter had already gripped the land firmly with it's icy touch and the conditions would only grow harsher. Her intent had been to find a pack with which to settle, but experience told her to be somewhat discriminatory. Not to choose just any pack, but one that was strong and a good fit for her. Several of them came to mind.

She could always track down the previous group she ran with, when they went by Asterism Grove. But she never felt a truly strong...connection there. Then there was the woman from Moonspear, who shared her own unique way of thinking. There was also Mal, who she had quite liked, from Neverwinter Forest. Though she knew little of his pack. And lastly, there was the wonderfully pleasant raven from Firefly Glen, whom she had dragged out the icy lake. She wouldn't mind seeing Lunaria again. Keyni could easily picture them becoming fast friends. If nothing else, the pack with which she was a part of was worth checking out.

Recalling the directions the black female had offered her in finding the Glen, and the warm little invitation from her, the tundrian mix now took her up on the offer, creeping beneath the normally thick cover of trees. The cold had shredded their limbs of most of their leaves, leaving the sky a little more open overhead. Pale paws stepped gingerly over the frozen soil, ears pricked up tightly, on high alert for the first sign of border markings. She hardly had to search long. There they were, clear as day. Keeping plenty of space between herself and the line not to be crossed, she kept her eyes peeled for signs of others. Not wanting to waste time in lingering for any longer than necessary, Keyni tipped her head back to release a howl.
。+゚☆゚+。Fly me to the moon。+゚☆゚+。
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
An arouma appeared at the glen's borders -- one that aroused a sense of farmiliarity and comfort inside the raven's stomach -- 'Solarus?' she initionally thought. Although, upon moving closer towards the borders, she realized this was not the case and a dissapointed sigh left her breath. Luna had not seen her brother in a while despite wanting to meet up with him again, where could he have been!? 

The damsel arrived to the Glen's borders with a unconsciously placed frown on her face at the thought of her brother going missing again, which was quickly replaced by a look of suprise after seeing who it was.

"Keyni?" She chirped, picking up her pace to greet the pretty jade-eyed woman. Luna hadn't seen them since she saved her from drowning in that icy lake over a month ago, so knowing that she'd actually arrived to the glen after so long was refreshing to see. "You actually came! You're joining us afterall?" Luna asked, bumping the fae's shoulder with her muzzle and lazily waving a tail behind her.
[Image: da6698m-a8f89b53-b982-4210-bdbf-0270bf6457d3.gif]
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Keyni didn't often get riled up or express her excitement outwardly. But when a familiar dark figure emerged from the trees, a livelier glint came to her jade eyes. "Luna..." She stayed rooted, letting her come to greet her. Letting out a small chuckle as she bumped her shoulder, Keyni returned the friendly gesture with a soft bump of her side to dark fur. 

Nodding, she hummed her reply pleasantly. "Yes. I thought it over for a while and winter helped me make up my mind. Going it alone isn't my cup of tea." Besides, she was here too. The message was clear but unspoken. She was comfortable in Lunaria's presence, which said a lot. She hoped the rest of the pack was just as welcoming. 

The little frown that had been on the raven’s lips prior had not escaped her attention. Keeping her eyes on the pack land beyond and between her friend, she shot her a curious little glance. Was now the best time to bring it up? She decided against it. She was here for acceptance, not to sour the mood with questions related to something more personal. "How have you been since I last pulled you from the lake? Those ant bites go away alright?"
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
The returned touch made Luna happy -- she was glad to see that Keyni had returned to her after some consideration. While she wasn't able to find Solarus yet, at least she was able to aid someone she cared about. Although Key's acceptance was up to her leaders, Osiris, the raven was sure she'd be able to convince them to let her stay. The fae would make an excellent addition to the pack, ecspecially since she went out of her way to save and take care of Luna. "The bites have definitely gotten better since last time!" She explained while rubbing a part of her shoulder were the ants swarmed the most. The red marks still littered the skin beneath her fur, but no longer bothered the huntress too much.

Turning to look behind her, she turned back towards Keyni's direction and threw her head back to howl for the leadership in addition to the jade-eyed woman's own call. Certainly, an additional call would help get their attention.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
I will prioritize this thread so it doesn't drag on, but feel free to skip me at ANY point when a leader shows up so that Keyni can get accepted. I just couldn't not throw Bronco in here <3

One call for a leader wasn't enough to cause him concern. He was in the area, but knew that apart from entertaining the visitor who had come and summoned their leadership, it would simply be a meet and greet until one of the leaders showed up to repeat the questions he'd likely already posed. It was part of a routine that he didn't necessarily mind, though he found himself wondering if his own judgement calls would stand up to par against what Osiris, Atlas and Antares would have had. Thus far, the wolves he'd met, who had joined the pack, had all been fine; the only one who had deserted them was Fennec, but...He considered her case to be unique. All the others he'd met along the borders had been perfectly civil, and had done well to blend in with the rest of the pack. 

So ihe began to wonder if he wasn't simply a redundancy when it came to patrolling the borders and screening potential joiners. He'd meet them, assess them, ask them questions- and then one of the Ostrega brothers would show up and do the same- but it was their decision that carried the weight. In comparison, he began to feel that his presence was about as effective as a shadow. Ever present, and presence had to count for something- but also somewhat ineffective.

When Lunaria called out, he'd continued to meander along the borders and was close enough that he figured he may as well do what a guardian was supposed to do. So he hastened his pace just enough so that he trotted into view of Lunaria and the stranger who was in her presence- but both of them looked content. More than content, actually- they looked quite comfortable around one another, and Lunaria had an eager, excited air about her that led Bronco to assume the two had met before. His gaze was drawn to Lunaria's companion, whose soft, jade gaze made his heart lurch slightly in his chest, making him stumble for a second before he regained his composure. Her markings were elegant, striking without being outspoken- and there was something of a wordless beauty about her features that made his cheeks warm. 

He knew Lunaria to be a bright and keen spirit, so he gave her a smile and nod of his head as he approached. He was aware that she knew he could be a complete goof, upon occasion, but he still took his job seriously, as an appointed guardian of the pack. Still, it was with a modest, calm warmth that he regarded the stranger. "A friend of yours, Lunaria?" He asked, pricking his ears and inviting either of them to answer.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
"I am glad to hear they are improving." She nodded, and while close, snuck a peek between the layers of black fur with just a glimpse. Keyni was not a healer of the body. Her specialty was more geared towards the mind and spirit. She listened while Lunaria added her own voice, summoning leadership to the borders. She had opened her mouth to speak, to gently insist that she felt no sense of urgency, and was more than happy to wait it out. But she let it go, chalking it up as maybe her friend was simply very eager to see her accepted into the pack.

Her tail waved contently as she sat, her expression placid and serene, without appearing dreamy. Soon someone did come to greet them, but not a pack leader. Only Keyni didn't know this. Still, the man who approached was to be shown the fullest respect, in that he was a pack wolf and she an outsider. Flitting her calm jade eyes over his tawny form, Keyni tried to note the way in which he carried himself.

Stepping back and a little more away from Lunaria, she lowered her head just so, dusty ears flattening slightly. His demeanor seemed friendly enough but she didn't want to overstep in case her judgement was off. So until she received any further verbal or non-verbal cues from Bronco, she let her eyes rest on a cheek or an ear, and not his own warm gaze. "I would say so, yes." There was a hint of a smile in her voice. "We met once before, by the lakeside just due south." Quickly, she added. "I am Keyni."
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
It wasn't long before a particular tawny boy appeared from the shadows, and her sharp eyes did not miss the slight stumble in his step as he approached -- it almost caused her to snort to herself a bit, though the raven still managed to keep her composer professional in this situation. 'Dont pick on him. Don't pick on him. Don't pick on him...'

Clearing her throat, she turned towards Bronco to mirror the girl's words "Why yes, she is." the huntress stated with an air of confidence -- since Key was, Indeed, considered a freind in her eyes. Whether or not the femme felt the same was unbeknownst to Luna, but it didn't change her stance. "There was a slight, err, complication she helped me out with at the lake--" Meaning 'I got my ass bitten by a horde fire ants but I'm not telling you because I want what's left of my pride.' "--and it was in those moments were she proved to be a kind and resourceful woman in my eyes. So I'm confident she'd make a good addition to the glen."
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Truth be told, while he thought well of Lunaria, he wasn't familiar enough with her to simply leap to the conclusion that any friend of hers would be welcome in the pack. She seemed to be fast friends with Charles, who had been stuck at the rank of omega for some time now...Though from personal experience, Bronco had seen no faults in Charles, though he might've been considered somewhat insincere, and perhaps too playful to be deemed mature. Bronco himself was not immune to bouts of foolishness, so he could only assume that they were all- the three of them- in the same boat. Young adults trying to find their place in the world, and doing a bit of flailing while they were at it. 

But Keyni seemed fairly reserved and polite, which convinced him a bit more that he could trust someone that Lunaria chose to vouch for. She seemed more confident in their friendship, though it seemed that Keyni had performed some act of service- he assumed something medically inclined, given the way Lunaria had phrased it- which awarded her a fair bit of merit. Lunaria also made it somewhat clear that there were certain details she chose to avoid spilling- but this only made Bronco more curious, so he arched an eyebrow and gave her a bit of a grin as he sat down. "Is that so?" He asked, casting a glance to Keyni, then. He wondered, if pinned, where her fidelity might lie. "What kind of 'complication' are we talking here?" He asked, though he was partially prepared for Lunaria to launch a volley of interjections. After all, he had four sisters. "Assuming you're hoping to join the pack, I'm just curious to know where your strengths might be," He said. Had she been giving Lunaria advice, or helping her out with an injury? He was keen to know- but also keen to see how much information she'd reveal, considering the fact that Lunaria, it seemed, was attempting to keep some details private.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris arrived late, approaching the amassed wolves with his tail held high. Lunaria and Bronco had beaten him to meet the stranger, and it seemed as though the conversation had gone well so far; he had heard snippits of their exchange, but nothing too concrete. His gaze bounced between his packmates before settling on Kenyi. From first glance, he could assume that she was in good health and capable of taking care of herself—her scars allowed his assumptions to formulate. 

"I'm Osiris, leader of this glen," he said. "How may I help you?"
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Faced with the prying curiosity of Bronco and Lunaria's wish to keep her little fumble private, the tundrian found herself in a quandary. Wedged in a tight spot, forced with a decision to make. On one paw, she did not wish to disrespect Lunaria by spilling the beans. On the other, her more practical side compelled her to be forthright. For some, the effort of negotiating this issue might be stressful. For Keyni on the other hand, the solution was crisp and simple.

Angling her head to look her raven friend softly in her pretty aqua eyes, she formed her words tactfully. "I do think it might be best if I disclose the details." She began, using a voice akin to that of a well-crafted politician, but without the calloused heart. "It is nothing to be ashamed of. Honesty is a valuable trait, and sadly, becoming rarer and rarer to find these days." She assured her, leaving the matter open ended for Lunaria to decide. But Keyni had made a good case - expressing in no un-certain terms that by using her sincerity, could very well be her best move in earning the trust and acceptance of this pack.

Moving on, she started to open her mouth again to address Bronco's second interest. There was no time for that, as a third figure caught her eye. This male appeared very similar to Bronco in terms of pattern and coloration, only more earth toned. His posture on the other hand, was that of a clear leader. Recognizing his dominance, she dropped her jade eyes away from his olive one's. Bowing her head in a submissive show of respect, Keyni presented her reply. "I am called Keyni." She started with a polite, formal introduction. "I come seeking a home before the full force of winter sets in." Her voice and accentuated words tugged them towards what was unspoken. Not just a home or a refuge. But a true place to belong.
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Bronco pushed on to investigate what the 'Complication' was, and she grumbled sheepishly while her eyes darted away. 'Yeah right, you just want to make fun of me...' Luna thought to herself in response to his words towards Keyni -- but more jokingly then spitefully. Jabs such as these were like bonding rituals amongst friends to her afterall.

Regardless of that, the moon nymph could understand where he was coming from regardless. It was only necessary to test whether a new member could prove useful in their group or not -- ecspecially during the winter months. Because of this, Lunaria didn't have a doubt in her mind that someone like Keyni could provide their pack of an additional caretaker (perhaps she may even introduce the girl to Holland later, they may learn something from each other.)

It was now Keyni's turn to speak to Lunaria, and when the raven turned to be met with her emerald gaze and soft voice, she almost felt butterflies fluttering feverishly within her chest. It was hard not to willfully agree with such consoling words -- but perhaps it was time for Luna to stop staring at the pretty girl and speak up already. "I guess you have a point, there's no use hiding your work from the others since they need to know..." The huntress agreed while looking away to clear her throat, and would've let Keyni continue if it weren't for the sudden appearance of their leader, Osiris. 

The boy stood tall as he approached, tail raised and everything -- it would've been clear to others what position he held in the pack. It seemed the jade-eyed she-wolf noted this quickly and lowered her head out of respect. So Luna would do the same -- intending to stay close just incase Key needed assistance with anything.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Meep- quick phone post, but Bronco can be skipped without needing to ask permission. Once he's got something to say or think that needs to be written, I'll pop him back in.

There was no mistaking the fact tatt Lunaria seethed a bit when he asked exactly what had happened- but if he knew her well, he assumed she was the sort of wolf who could take a jab without it souring her opinion. He also knew that he could likely expect something in return for his mischevious question and that he was practically asking to start some sort of amusing feud where they might continue to humiliate one another while in polite company. But he was willing to take that risk; it'd be fun.

Lunaria consented, and he was surprised she would be persuaded so easily to allow Keyni freedom of speech. He hadn't caught the glimmer in her eyes when she'd been looking at Keyni, and assumed simply that she was actually quite keen to have Keyni join them- even if it meant spilling the beans on whatever unfortunate incident Keyni had helped her escape from. 

But that would all be put on hold as Osiris approached and greeted the small group. Bronco gave him a nod and shuffled back a few inches, content to sit by Lunaria while Osiris and Keyni spoke. He thought he might whisper something to her- but thought otherwise. It would've been rude for the two of them to sit, hissing into each others' ears while Osiris questioned the newcomer. So he sat quietly, but sought Lunaria's gaze hoping to snag her glance just for a moment so he could give her the subtlest of nods.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"Kenyi," Osiris repeated, dipping his head in greeting. "It's nice to meet you."

Their discussion followed their initial greeting, and soon enough, he felt comfortable inviting her into their ranks. Once she accepted, Osiris bowed out of the conversation and took his leave. His patrolling had been delayed. The day was quickly coming to an end, and he still had a considerable amount of ground to cover.