Redhawk Caldera I never told you what I do for a living
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Worry churned her gut. She'd tried to convince Meerkat to stay until the snow stopped falling so hard, though her daughter had finally insisted on heading back to the glen today. "They need me, mom..." Towhee stared at the spot where the white flurries had swallowed Meerkat's pale figure, her mind reflective of the maelstrom. Prim was still out there somewhere. So were a bunch of roving apex predators, apparently. And there was no way of knowing if or when Meerkat would make it safely back home.

She finally turned. With little else to do, she began a patrol. Towhee tried to turn her thoughts toward happier things, like Phox's recent return. But then she thought of Fig and her heart ached. She envied her former (and stupider) self, who'd truly believed, if only for the space of five minutes, that all her children were under the same roof for once. Now that was definitely not the case. But she was grateful for those who stayed, including the honorary Bronco. Not all of them were in great shape but at least she could say they were safe.

That made her think of the bear, then the cougar. Were they really safe? Fucking fuck! Towhee cursed wildly in her head, her attention suddenly snapping to a dark figure near the foot of the caldera. It was hard to discern details, though she could make out a black pelt and a medium build. The stranger's head was thrown back, presumably in a howl. But for Towhee, the world remained a swirling hush.

"UM," she shouted, wondering if the wind would carry or silence her voice as she made her way toward the stranger, "UM, HELLO?!"
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
I never told you what I do for a living - by Zsuzsa - January 10, 2021, 05:26 PM
RE: I never told you what I do for a living - by Towhee - January 11, 2021, 10:19 AM
RE: I never told you what I do for a living - by Zsuzsa - January 11, 2021, 11:15 PM
RE: I never told you what I do for a living - by Towhee - January 12, 2021, 12:25 PM
RE: I never told you what I do for a living - by Zsuzsa - January 12, 2021, 11:36 PM
RE: I never told you what I do for a living - by Towhee - January 13, 2021, 11:17 AM
RE: I never told you what I do for a living - by Zsuzsa - January 17, 2021, 09:45 PM
RE: I never told you what I do for a living - by Towhee - January 18, 2021, 01:46 PM
RE: I never told you what I do for a living - by Zsuzsa - January 19, 2021, 12:13 AM
RE: I never told you what I do for a living - by Towhee - January 19, 2021, 11:26 AM
RE: I never told you what I do for a living - by Zsuzsa - January 19, 2021, 11:35 PM
RE: I never told you what I do for a living - by Towhee - January 20, 2021, 10:57 AM
RE: I never told you what I do for a living - by Zsuzsa - January 24, 2021, 09:45 AM
RE: I never told you what I do for a living - by Towhee - January 24, 2021, 12:18 PM