Redhawk Caldera (M) Turn on your record player and run into a world of beautiful collaboration.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Reyes hoofed it outside, presumably to summon her eldest daughter as requested. Meanwhile, her younger pressed nearer, even settling down beside Towhee. Rue hovered in the background. She registered all these things dimly, though mostly all she could do was shut her eyes, clench her teeth and breathe through the pain that rippled through her, swelling with each pass.

In the briefer and briefer respites between waves, a sense of pressure built, eventually compelling her to bear down. Her water broke, soaking her entire posterior and causing Meerkat to scurry to her feet. Towhee groaned as her body demanded her to push. Now entirely oblivious to her audience, she rolled onto her side and strained with a garbled scream of, "OH SHITTING FUCK!!!"

This cry heralded the arrival of the first pup just a moment or two after Fennec materialized beside her. Towhee brushed her nose against the yearling's cheek before bending to attend to the newborn. She did everything on autopilot: pierced the amniotic sac, licked the pup clean and dry, then nosed him—she had a little boy! They had a son!—toward a teat. He latched quickly.

She had enough time to nudge Fen's cheek again and glance at the others gathered around before the contractions seized her again. Towhee wasn't sure how long labor tended to last for other she-wolves and she'd never birthed multiples before. She lost her sense of time as she labored and delivered, again and again and again, each new son and daughter announced with a string of expletives.

Four pups squirmed beside her by the time all was said and done. Completely exhausted, Towhee could only utter one last, weary, "What the fuck," and collapse, grunting through the expulsion of the afterbirth. Her chin rested on her outstretched forelegs, which trembled slightly from a strange mixture of elation and exhaustion. She panted and let her eyes slip shut, giving herself a few minutes to recover.

Welcome, @Caracal, @Marten R, @Tierra and @Fear!

I figure we can open the post order now! I'll post a new round once everybody gets a post in! :)
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Turn on your record player and run into a world of beautiful collaboration. - by Towhee - March 26, 2021, 12:30 PM