Redhawk Caldera Put it in reverse, Terry!
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,015 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
The moment @Bridget broke the news, Towhee's heart dropped and she didn't just think she'd vomit, she actually did. She rinsed out her mouth in the stream and then tried to stand properly. Intent to overcome the pain and weakness, she ignored any protests the medic might be making as she began to walk. Bridget knew best but this... this changed everything.

She didn't get very far before her legs buckled. Towhee let out a cry that was more frustration than anything. She waited a few minutes, heart thundering in her chest, then tried again. She managed to stumble a good bit of the way back toward the caldera before she bit the dust again. This time, she stayed down, mostly because she'd landed on her injured paw and promptly passed out from the pain.

When she came around, the sun was in an entirely different position in the sky. Was that Bridget over there? Towhee groaned and tried to sit up. Her whole body throbbed, though she felt curiously well-rested. With a jolt, she remembered about Tierra. She jumped to her feet with a gasp, breaking into a run that carried her to the caldera's borders, quite possibly with an exasperated medic in tow.

She tried running uphill only to skid and fall again, eating dirt. Towhee exhaled and rolled onto her side, letting out an absolutely earsplitting shriek of agony.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Put it in reverse, Terry! - by Towhee - July 04, 2021, 04:09 PM
RE: Put it in reverse, Terry! - by Bridget - July 04, 2021, 04:24 PM
RE: Put it in reverse, Terry! - by Fennec - July 05, 2021, 11:39 AM
RE: Put it in reverse, Terry! - by Killdeer - July 05, 2021, 05:44 PM
RE: Put it in reverse, Terry! - by Ruenna - July 06, 2021, 01:17 PM
RE: Put it in reverse, Terry! - by Towhee - July 06, 2021, 02:53 PM
RE: Put it in reverse, Terry! - by Bridget - July 06, 2021, 04:13 PM
RE: Put it in reverse, Terry! - by Fennec - July 06, 2021, 04:20 PM
RE: Put it in reverse, Terry! - by Killdeer - July 06, 2021, 07:28 PM
RE: Put it in reverse, Terry! - by Ruenna - July 06, 2021, 09:07 PM
RE: Put it in reverse, Terry! - by Towhee - July 06, 2021, 10:41 PM