Redhawk Caldera distorted light beam
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,015 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The mention of a grandson left Phox a little gobsmacked, she could tell. Towhee smiled warmly, hoping her brother would find as much delight in Killdeer's existence as she did. -"And Bronco,"- Towhee quickly filled in the blank, a strange look passing over her face. But whatever thought had darkened her mind's doorstep, she didn't voice it.

Anyway, he was telling her about his kids now. She might not be able to hear, yet she listened attentively as he spoke their names, their whereabouts. Vesper, Peregrine and Prevost. Some of the details were vaguely familiar thanks to Meerkat, though it was a wonder to hear about them right from their father's mouth.

She barely registered the names of their current caretakers. They mattered, of course, but not right this moment. Towhee pulled Phox into another hug when he told her about Prevost. She could certainly empathize with his pain. She exhaled as she contemplated the scale of his losses, though they were truly incomprehensible.

-"I'm so sorry, Phox. I'm so sorry you've had to go through all this. And I'm sorry for your losses. I don't even know what to say, beyond that. I just—"- She cut off, clutching at him again. She just pressed him against her for several moments, reveling in the fact that he was here with her.

With her arms filled with Phox, Towhee couldn't sign, so when she found her voice again, she muttered directly into his ear, "You and your kids will always have a place here. We'll do whatever it takes to support you guys. Okay?"
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
distorted light beam - by Phox - July 16, 2021, 07:26 AM
RE: distorted light beam - by Tierra - July 16, 2021, 08:50 AM
RE: distorted light beam - by Towhee - July 16, 2021, 09:37 AM
RE: distorted light beam - by Phox - July 21, 2021, 07:38 AM
RE: distorted light beam - by Tierra - July 23, 2021, 09:22 AM
RE: distorted light beam - by Towhee - July 23, 2021, 10:04 AM
RE: distorted light beam - by Phox - August 10, 2021, 08:28 PM
RE: distorted light beam - by Towhee - August 10, 2021, 08:44 PM
RE: distorted light beam - by Phox - August 17, 2021, 01:49 PM
RE: distorted light beam - by Towhee - August 17, 2021, 05:04 PM
RE: distorted light beam - by Phox - August 20, 2021, 12:05 PM