Sunset Valley Lights from the airfield, shining upon you.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Evidently, Rye was too riled up by the exchange to acknowledge her right away. Towhee took a step back, only to give herself a fighting chance at reading his lips, as he spoke to Nyra. She caught something about Nyra nearly taking his life, as well as his friend's. She blinked, eyes narrowing to catch Rye's every word when he did turn and address her directly, including a repetition of his allegation.

When she glanced over at Nyra, the white she-wolf seemed utterly bored by Rye's accusations. She said she didn't even remember him, which was surprising considering the nature of the man's indictments. Towhee's eyes squinted even more as she noted how Nyra didn't actually address anything Rye said. There was no apology or explanation. Her lack of acknowledgement, her indifference, struck Towhee as really odd. Was she a sociopath or something?

"Rye," Towhee said after a moment, trying to keep her voice low, which was always a questionable endeavor, "look, I'm still not clear on what happened between the two of you. What I can tell is she's definitely not worth the trouble. Why don't we walk away and you can tell me about it."

She looked over at Nyra again. She wasn't sure what Rye was going to tell her but there was a good chance she'd end up biased in his favor. Really, she already felt herself taking his side. They had a long history and she respected the dude. Nyra might be her pack mate, yet they'd only just met. And there was definitely something off about her. That didn't bode well at all.

"We're going to go," Towhee said coolly to Nyra, before giving Rye a chance to even accept or decline, raising a paw to gently nudge him away.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 13, 2021, 08:24 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 20, 2021, 11:08 AM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - December 20, 2021, 10:05 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 20, 2021, 11:28 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - December 27, 2021, 10:45 AM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 27, 2021, 07:01 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 01, 2022, 04:40 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 04, 2022, 10:09 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 05, 2022, 08:37 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 07, 2022, 01:37 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 10, 2022, 03:38 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 17, 2022, 12:51 AM