Sunset Valley Lights from the airfield, shining upon you.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"I lost your pups..." he began and Towhee's head actually reared back. She probably made a face too. She didn't mean to invalidate Rye's feelings right now, but she had no idea why he would say something like that, or even think it. But it became pretty moot in consideration of what else he said. He'd lost his family and it didn't take a rocket scientist to intuit he likely meant a mate and pups.

"Shit," she whispered, unable to comprehend anything else he said once he began sobbing in earnest. Towhee felt a little awkward about it but she reached out and slung an arm around his shoulder, juggling against him gently. She tried to think of something else, something constructive, to say.

When he calmed down and said, "I don't deserve you," Towhee made a tccch! noise. "Rye, buddy, you were in no way responsible for what happened with my pups. I could blame my shitbag ex but I don't think even he was at fault. It's just one of those nature things..."

But this wasn't about her. "Your family... can you tell me what happened?" She still wanted to know the deal with Nyra but Towhee had a feeling this was way more critical. She just hoped he would get over this idea that he didn't deserve a friend right now and let her be there for him, dammit.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 13, 2021, 08:24 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 20, 2021, 11:08 AM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - December 20, 2021, 10:05 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 20, 2021, 11:28 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - December 27, 2021, 10:45 AM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 27, 2021, 07:01 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 01, 2022, 04:40 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 04, 2022, 10:09 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 05, 2022, 08:37 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - January 05, 2022, 09:06 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 07, 2022, 01:37 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 10, 2022, 03:38 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 17, 2022, 12:51 AM