Redsand Canyon where habits have teeth and the words carry knives
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,015 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She didn’t really intend to use this tactic, though Aquene’s astute observation made her lick her lips, ruminating. Did she care if the others found out? Would it bother her if they gossiped? It wasn’t like Towhee would actually hear anyone talking behind her back, though that was beside the point. What would she do if anyone gave her a hard time about it? For that matter, what would happen when they all discovered the difference she couldn’t really hide: her deafness?

The Redhawk didn’t realize she’d zoned out and missed what her pack mate was saying. When she tuned in again, Aquene was talking about two people really loving each other. She wondered if she was talking about Germanicus and Rue, though something about that didn’t quite fit…

Towhee shrugged it off rather than admit she’d missed half of what Aquene had said. Anytime. I’m here to teach, she replied to the other woman’s gratitude, then announced, I ought to do a patrol. You’re welcome to join me, otherwise I’ll catch you later.

Thanks for a fantastic thread! :D
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: where habits have teeth and the words carry knives - by Towhee - January 31, 2022, 12:10 AM