Redsand Canyon Living right now, well you can call it disillusioned
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,002 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee was a practiced—and adept, she liked to think—hand at following multi-directional conversations. But seeing her daughter after so long effectively distracted her, so she missed everything the Imperator said. She only caught Tierra’s response because it was signed as well as spoken, though she wasn’t entirely sure she followed.

Glancing between the two men and her daughter, Towhee tried to piece together the contextual clues. We had no choice but to disband in the fall, she answered the yearling’s overarching question, then paused, lips pressing together momentarily.

She didn’t blame anyone, least of all Tierra, though being grilled about it lately was starting to irk Towhee a bit. If only they’d been there, they’d know the answer to that question, and the pack never would’ve had to break apart in the first place. And why did everyone keep insinuating she should’ve hand-delivered the bad news, as if her entire life hadn’t been falling apart at the time? The Redhawk bit back a sigh, pushing away the unpleasant reminder and focusing on the rest.

What do you mean about joking…? she wondered, genuinely thrown by this comment in particular. Tierra had mentioned the word “Plebeian,” so Towhee thought to add, That’s the civilian rank here in Mereo. Your Auntie Woo is the leader of the civilians. Germanicus here is the Imperator, the leader of the soldiers. You can pick either/or, though it’s a bit like I ran things at the caldera: you’re expected to choose a trade and hone it to better the pack as a whole. That is, if you’re here to join? she finished on an admittedly hopeful note.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Living right now, well you can call it disillusioned - by Towhee - March 13, 2022, 01:24 PM