Nimbus Summit Stasis
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
All Welcome 
Calida's pregnancy aborted early on, but she is unaware of this. She's patrolling, wanting this to count for her trade, all welcome <3

Nothing had changed. In the early weeks, she had thought something was off, but nothing had ever come about. She was very nearly two months past her conception, and she was the same as she'd ever been — bulky, well-muscled, but certainly not pregnant-looking. For a moment, Calida wondered whether something was wrong. Or, had she just never conceived? She didn't know, but she didn't have time to ponder it now — she was out on patrol.

Her paw pads had quickly grown accustomed to the roughness of the summit, and she picked along her chosen path, marking trees and boulders, occasionally giving out a low call.
Physical Health (100/100)

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,195 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
it had been two months since her ankle had been broken. she could run again. she could hunt again, though carefully for both activities.
the girl was pleased to have made a kill today, a sparrow. despite its smallness, it told the young huntress that her abilities would return more until she reached her former status.
the small bird dangled from one side of her mouth. she came across calida on a patrol and scritched in the ground after the woman, saying nothing but joining her in a companionable silence.
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Upcycling this post! :)

Caracal grunted as he pulled the sprig of green from the dirt, a deep sense of satisfaction coming over him when he unearthed an unexpectedly large carrot. He had no idea what it was or if it had any use in medicine, but he would take his harvest—the carrot and a small heap of greens he’d collected—to his mentor for identification.

He sorted through the pile, deliberating how best to transport them from this spot just outside the borders. His mind inevitably strayed to the recent events at the caldera. His breath hitched. Caracal was trying not to dwell on it, though whenever it crossed his mind, he felt such shame. He tried to push it away, reminding himself he would never go back there. He would never see Reyes, or Teya, or Sorana again. He probably wouldn’t see Bridget either.

H’OKAY, he huffed loudly, clapping his paws together in an attempt to focus. Deciding to start with the carrot, he plucked it up by the stem and began walking back toward the summit, intending to head toward the arlathan, at least until he found himself crossing paths with two pack mates.

Letting the vegetable tumble from his mouth, he cheerily called, Hey, Heda! Hi… you! He offered the women a cheeky smile.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Calida was joined by a youth she'd not yet met; the red woman dipped her head in greeting, then offered a small smile. She was about to introduce herself when another joined them, a male that she'd not met, either. Either way, Calida offered him a small smile. "Hello to both of you. I'm Calida. I was just out on patrol," she gestured down the path she had been walking, then took up walking again, though at a slightly slower pace; she moved swiftly when on her own. As they walked, Calida asked, "So... how are you both?"

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,195 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
"hi, calida. i'm heda." the girl smiled and fell into step with the older woman. her eyes shifted to caracal as his golden figure arrived among them. he dropped something. she wanted to investigate it at once but restrained herself. "hello, caracal."
calida was talking. it was not a question heda knew how to answer. "well, i'm good. it's nice to be up and about," she murmured, hoping caracal would take the spotlight.
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Calida, he amended his greeting, tail sweeping side to side and eyes drifting to Heda as small talk commenced.

When it was his turn to speak, the yearling said, Good! I’m good too. Just wondering what the heck this thing is and if it has any medical purposes. Any ideas? he wondered, toeing the carrot and looking between the pair.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
"It's nice to meet you both," Calida said warmly, her own tail waving once or twice. When Caracal asked about an orange thing he'd dropped, Calida stopped to eye it, giving it a quick sniff. "No idea, I'm not really uh... I don't know any herbs," she chuckled; the thing didn't smell any particular way. Looking up to Caracal, she said, "I bet Lane would know what it is."

She would wait for their investigation of the plant to be done, then she'd resume her patrol, pausing a couple of times to mark. "So are you a medic, then?" she asked Caracal. Then, to Heda, "And what about you?" She would smile broadly, then offer, "I'm one of the guardians... er, in training still, I suppose." But it was going well.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,195 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
heda agreed. "it smells like something you can eat. but maybe it's not for us." she wisely suggested that no one eat it and nodded at calida. lane would be the best choice for something like that.
caracal was a medic. calida was a guardian. "uh, i'm just a ... like a hunter, i guess? that's how i snapped my dumb ankle," she joked before falling into an awkward silence.
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Neither of the ladies could identify it, though Calida told him Lane would surely know. She was right, of course. He just needed to transport them to his mentor. He had a feeling Heda was right too, that this root was something an herbivore might like to eat, though hopefully it could serve some purpose for wolves too.

Yeah, more of a medical student than anything official, Caracal answered Calida’s question before glancing between the two and saying, Well, I gotta get my learn on and go find Lane. She’s the one teaching me. Just before snatching up the carrot again and trotting away, he added, I’ll see you both around!
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Calida eyed the thing. It didn't smell particularly edible to her, but then again it hadn't repelled her. Perhaps it was for herbivores, though she'd never seen one eat one of these herself. Shrugging, she looked to Caracal as he said his farewell, and she dipped her head, bidding him, "Good luck, see you around."

She continued on her patrol, stopping once to admire the view — north of them and below, the glade sprawled; she'd not yet had the chance to explore, and she eyed it wistfully. Perhaps she'd visit it after her patrol. Looking back to Heda, she cleared her throat and asked, "You broke your ankle? Is it... well, I mean, it's better now, right?" An awkward laugh escaped her muzzle, and she shook her pelt out, feeling as if that had been a stupid question. She turned back to look at the glade, then loosed a low call that would carry well beyond their mountain.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,195 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
caracal was off. heda waved after him and then resumed walking beside calida. "yeah! i was climbing up super high to look into a nest. stupid, i know. i actually wasn't trying to hurt them, i just wanted to see. but the parents pecked me right in the forehead so i lost my footing and fell," the girl finished with a 'tada' sort of tone.
calida howled out. heda paused a moment and then followed suit with a low song of her own.
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Ty guys for the thread <3 Last from me.

Calida listened to Heda's tale with mild amusement, and she chuckled a bit before apologizing, "I don't mean to laugh, it's just... well, I don't think I'd be that adventurous." She then smiled sympathetically and continued, "Anyway... it's good that you're better, now." 

Their songs filled the air, intertwining quite nicely, Calida thought, and once they were done, she said, "Thanks for coming on patrol with me. I'm going to head down to the glade, explore a bit." She would then dip her head in farewell and start her slow descent.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,195 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
<3

heda smiled and wagged her tail in acceptance. "see you around, calida."
left completely alone, the girl frowned a bit and then went off to find veteran.
they could explore the volcanic vents. and she could keep her mind occupied.