Redsand Canyon Hangman is comin’ down from the gallows, and I don’t have very long.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Distracted as she was by snuggling her newborns, Towhee caught snatches of the exchange between Aquene and Maxim. When the healer mentioned taking the pups to the Matrona, she curled possessively around her babies. She loved Rue and absolutely trusted her best friend to look out for her children, yet Towhee’s entire being revolted at the idea of them being taken away from her.

Before she could muster up the strength to protest verbally, the healer faced her fully and began to explain what had gone awry. Towhee’s ears pinned to her head. She suddenly realized that her early lactation and feeding of the Matrona’s pups must have contributed to this. She exhaled shakily. It made a sort of sense that simultaneously feeding Rue’s pups and growing her own might do a number on her body, though Towhee hadn’t ever give it much thought until now.

Please don’t take them from me, the Redhawk murmured when Aquene finished. Can we carry them to your den? And I’ll stay with them there.

She peered down at the two as they gummed at one another, reeling when she realized she would have to push them away from her own breast if and when they attempted to nurse. Towhee felt tears prick at her eyes, then looked over at the medicus for her response.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Hangman is comin’ down from the gallows, and I don’t have very long. - by Towhee - June 01, 2022, 11:00 AM