Swiftcurrent Creek you and i walk a fragile line
i’ve been the archer, i’ve been the prey
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Private 
Eshe had been out all morning collecting things to return to her and @Akavir’s den. She’d been caring for him since he’d fainted, and she was exhausted. Aside from working continuously, she’d been trying to figure out what’d caused all of this. So far, she didn’t have an answer for herself.

She returned home with a turtle shell in her mouth, a vole, poppy seeds for the day, and some water in it. Quietly, she crept inside, unsure if her mate was awake or not.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
913 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He woke at the sound of her footfall.

He withheld a low groan—biting the sound off before alerting Eshe of his continued misery… She worried over him—and when she came to view, his champagne eyes flickered over her, a quirk of his brow given—an attempt to appear as if he were rallying.

“Hi, you,” he murmured, pushing himself to a reclined seat within their den. His muscles ached—his head.

His heart.

“What’s it like out there today?”
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
He was awake and feeling well enough to push himself to a reclined seat. Although this was a sign of progress, Eshe still held her breath as he moved, hoping that there'd be no issues as he moved. She exhaled and smiled when he spoke, happy to hear his voice.

Hey, you, she said in return.

To hiss question, she answered: It's cold—it snowed some more overnight. Parts of the creeks are starting to freeze, but thankfully, the area near our den is fine. She leaned to him and nosed his cheek. I've got you breakfast, water, and medicine—how're you feeling?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
913 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Snow.

He winced lightly at that, eyes drifting up to the ceiling of their den. Winter was here. “Arric is going to shit himself if the caches and borders aren’t tended properly,” he mused quietly, feeling a drift from the Beta.

Arric hadn’t even come to see him since he’d been sick.

The graze of her against him drew his eyes toward her once more, and he pressed a small, albeit forced smile to his lips. “Like I’m on the mend,” he answered honestly.

“How are you feeling?”
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
I'm sure he already is, Eshe remarked with a sigh. I need to check in on him today to make sure he's not running himself ragged again—we can't have two leaders down, especially since that'd make her the only leader who'd be able to get anything accomplished, and she was the weakest link of the three.

She wasn't sure if she believed him when he reported feeling on the mend, but she had been pessimistic lately. Good, she said, forcing a smile of her own.

And how was she?

I'm fine, she answered, shrugging. Busy—trying to make sure everybody is fine. Truthfully, she was exhausted.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
913 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
It still hurt to swallow—his muscles felt the tug of exhaustion, as if they were made of water.

Still, he made to pull her against him, seeking to kiss her crown and seeking quiet comfort in the familiar scent of lavender.

“And is everyone else fine?” Arlette, Cygnet… Ensio and Sovereign. He had heard there were tow new faces—soon, he would need to seek them out to introduce himself. Maybe when he was a bit better—given Cygnet had noticed his current weak state and had tested his dominance already for it.

Maybe it wouldn’t be the worst thing—if someone beat him for dominance over the creek.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
His closeness did wonders on her mood. She warmed at his touch, leaning closer, and stealing a kiss before pulling away.

Yeah, she confirmed. Nobody has gotten sick, thankfully. Not yet, at least—it was still early in the season.

She looked at the turtle shell, carefully removed the meal and medicine, and placed them in front of him. There, she said, nosing them closer. Eat up. You need your strength.

She spent the rest of the afternoon tending to his needs and catching him up with what’d occurred during his prolonged absence. He would be out and about again soon enough, but she wanted to ensure that he was fully healed before he resumed his normal routines.