Redhawk Caldera Saving people, hunting things: the family business.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,031 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"No," came Raven's reply, her face simultaneously amused and stern. "We don't kill outsiders unless they trespass. You remember what that means, don't you?"

Although Towhee pouted at being barred from killing outsiders, she nodded quickly. She might not be able to hear like the others, yet she was still sharp as a tack. As soon as the caregiver (or someone else) introduced a new word or concept, she absorbed it like a sponge. She was learning to sign new terms every day, picking up and embellishing the homegrown language her family had developed quite rapidly. Her language skills were on par with and possibly surpassing her siblings', even if she had yet to actually speak a word out loud.

That was something the medic and makeshift speech therapist intended to approach soon; she wanted to make sure Towhee began learning pronunciation at an early age, so that it would be easier for her to pick up on and hone the skill. For now, though, there was another lesson at hand. And, in a serendipitous turn of events, Raven spotted a pale wolf close to the borders. She almost pointed the stranger out to Towhee but instead waited for the youngster to notice.

-OUTSIDER!- the Pi exclaimed, signing so emphatically that it could only be called a shout. Her body stiffened and she raised her tail, then bared her teeth and began slinking toward the stranger. She was stopped by a sound tap to the hip.

"Let me approach first. I'm older, bigger and more experienced." Although Towhee couldn't hear Raven's tone, her expression brooked no arguments. She gave the pup a look, then faced the wolf in the distance and shouted, "Hello!"

Towhee braced herself and squinted, subtly miming, -Ugh,- behind her sister's back.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Saving people, hunting things: the family business. - by Towhee - March 21, 2017, 05:11 PM