Redhawk Caldera Now if you'll excuse me, I have a little hell to raise.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,008 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Sebastian explained about Burke, then told her more about both of her parents. Towhee paid close attention, soaking up every little detail she could about the legendary Peregrine and Fox. His account matched up with what she already knew about them: they had both been quite fierce, but Peregrine had had a notoriously silly and even soft side. Fox had taken no shit from anyone, including her very own mate. Towhee thought idly of what Nightjar had mentioned about their mother's take on disabilities, though that errant thought quickly fluttered away.

Truthfully, however, Towhee felt like she would have gotten along much better with her father than her mother, and today she was more curious about him than anyone else. "Do you think he would've liked me? Been proud of me?" the Xi asked, feeling a little blush rise up beneath her fur at the candidness of her question. But she didn't back down from it, even though it occurred to her that Sebastian probably didn't know her well enough to answer that.

"I'm a mercenary," she explained before he could answer, "and a chronicler. It's important to me to protect this pack and its history, keep it alive and pass it on. Do you think Peregrine would've been happy about that, even though I'm..." Towhee lifted a paw to point at one of her useless ears.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Now if you'll excuse me, I have a little hell to raise. - by Towhee - September 20, 2017, 10:16 AM