Redhawk Caldera Look, we're all a little weird, we're all a little wacky.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
The summer air throbbed with the hum of cicadas, the noise rising and falling like ocean waves. Towhee's left ear twitched in her sleep as if disturbed by the rhythmic racket, though of course she couldn't hear any of it. The August evening was as silent as ever, her slumber as soundless and still as death itself.

When she roused, it was dusk proper. Towhee yawned and stretched where she sprawled near the Alphas' den, peering about herself a little suspiciously. The sun had baked the earth during the day and it was still quite warm, though the encroaching nightfall appeared to be the genuine article this time. Smacking her lips, she pushed herself to her feet and gave her slim body a shake.

She still felt a bit sluggish, yet the nap had helped with the fatigue. And patrolling in the dark would be a lot more manageable than doing it during high noon on these dog days of summer. Towhee ignored the pinch of hunger in her belly as she padded right past the den—she popped her head in just long enough to sign, -Hi, kiddos!-—and began slinking downhill toward the borders.

-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Look, we're all a little weird, we're all a little wacky. - by Towhee - August 21, 2017, 07:12 PM