Heron Lake Plateau It's almost like a Hallmark movie, but with tentacles.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Especially after the showdown over the plateau, Towhee braced herself for literally any possibility. When Colt merely left without another word, it was almost anticlimactic. She remained rooted to the spot, orange eyes tracking him until he disappeared. She thought of going after him—or sending X to track his movements—but instead she just heaved a sigh.

"Sure good to have you back though. Thanks, buddy," she said to X, arching her neck around to bump her nose against his familiar feathers. Colt's confrontation had definitely rattled her and shaken the confidence that was already so tentative lately. But having her best friend back certainly helped keep Towhee's spirits from sinking back into the dumps.

"Now let's go tell Aunt Finley the, ah, news," Towhee said after a few minutes, steeling her jaw for the conversation before marching off along the lake shore. She had no idea how the Beta would react to Colt's behavior, though the Alpha needed to tell her just as much as she needed to hear another reminder that she deserved her station, whatever the errant Blackthorn might think.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread