Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Private 
Although Raven's delivery had not been without tragedy, the arrival of four healthy puppies helped to lift Towhee's spirits somewhat. She parked beside the whelping den, refusing to budge even as she heckled (mostly playfully, depending on the individual) anyone who approached. She didn't eat or sleep, instead pacing tirelessly around the general area, eager to meet her newborn relatives but ineffably patient.

As the sun slipped down in the sky and the horizon lit up like molten gold, Towhee eased forward onto her belly with a sigh. She was growing weary, though she still wasn't ready to close her eyes. It must've happened anyway, because suddenly the Beta started awake. It was dark and something sharp and cold had touched her shoulder. She rolled to her feet with a snarl.

When she saw X's familiar eyes bobbing in the darkness, Towhee silenced immediately. She squinted, trying to make out his shape in the gloom as he conveyed a message. Her orange eyes slowly widened as she processed what he'd told her. The Beta glanced at the nearby mouth of the den, then decided she was unwilling to disturb the new family.

-Get @Niamh,- she signed to X, -tell her where I've gone and to let the others know when they're awake. Ask her to guard Raven's den in my stead. Then meet me at the borders.- The hawk took off immediately and Towhee did the same, gliding away through the night, headed north toward the territory's edge and the wilderness that lay beyond it.

As soon as X appeared in the dark sky overhead, Towhee signaled for him to lead the way. He winged toward the neighboring thicket, then over the slough beyond. The she-wolf was grateful for her sharp vision—which compensated for her hearing loss—as the bird guided her into uncharted territory. She lost track of him a few times but always managed to relocate him circling above.

By sunup, she arrived at the edge of large plain. The air smelled of salt. Taking a moment to shake off her exhaustion, Towhee galloped after X's shadow racing across the open grassland, curving slightly east as he led her toward the edge of the world.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
...ready for it? - by Towhee - June 26, 2018, 12:34 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Titmouse (Ghost) - June 26, 2018, 02:03 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Towhee - June 26, 2018, 02:49 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Titmouse (Ghost) - June 26, 2018, 08:58 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Towhee - June 26, 2018, 09:11 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Titmouse (Ghost) - June 26, 2018, 09:39 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Towhee - June 26, 2018, 09:49 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Titmouse (Ghost) - June 26, 2018, 10:01 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Towhee - June 26, 2018, 10:16 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Titmouse (Ghost) - June 26, 2018, 10:20 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Towhee - June 26, 2018, 10:32 PM