Heron Lake Plateau Fantastic beasts and where to find them.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,008 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She didn't deign to elaborate about how she'd hurt her leg in the first place or the trials she'd been through adapting to it and then adapting all over again when sensation began to return. None of it mattered now. Towhee's leg would never be the same, yet her paraplegia was barely an issue for her these days. Thank goodness for small miracles, because she wasn't sure how all of this might've played out if she hadn't recovered so well.

If she was an elitist, Phox was more of a purist. When the implication of his words hit her, Towhee found herself smirking again, though she quickly schooled the expression. It made her feel a little better to know she wasn't alone in her feelings... and that there was someone with even stricter standards among them. She cocked her head as she contemplated, feeling closer to Phox now than since before he'd ever left.

-I consider the Blackthorns just as worthy. It was Elwood and Finley who really raised us, not Peregrine and Fox,- Towhee pointed out. -But Quixote and Niamh are only part of the legacy by marriage and that—it wasn't good enough. That said, it's my own fault. Uncle El and Aunt Fin made me Alpha, you know. But I always thought I was better cut out as a Beta. So I bullied Rave into taking over. And then the accident happened...- Her forelimbs fell still and dropped back to the ground as she was reminded of all the history Phox had missed.

But she didn't really feel like rehashing all of that tonight. A little begrudgingly, she admitted to him, -Makes me feel better, knowing I'm not alone.- She froze for a beat, eyes flickering. -I wonder how this all would've played out differently if you'd been here all along.- She sighed and glanced away for a moment, then back to him. -Guess it doesn't matter now. We can't do anything about the past. It's the future that matters.-
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Fantastic beasts and where to find them. - by Towhee - November 27, 2018, 11:58 AM
RE: Fantastic beasts and where to find them. - by Phox - November 27, 2018, 03:26 PM
RE: Fantastic beasts and where to find them. - by Towhee - November 27, 2018, 04:32 PM
RE: Fantastic beasts and where to find them. - by Phox - November 27, 2018, 04:43 PM
RE: Fantastic beasts and where to find them. - by Towhee - November 27, 2018, 04:54 PM
RE: Fantastic beasts and where to find them. - by Phox - November 27, 2018, 05:02 PM
RE: Fantastic beasts and where to find them. - by Towhee - November 27, 2018, 05:24 PM
RE: Fantastic beasts and where to find them. - by Phox - November 27, 2018, 06:51 PM
RE: Fantastic beasts and where to find them. - by Towhee - November 27, 2018, 07:04 PM
RE: Fantastic beasts and where to find them. - by Phox - November 27, 2018, 07:16 PM
RE: Fantastic beasts and where to find them. - by Towhee - November 27, 2018, 07:24 PM
RE: Fantastic beasts and where to find them. - by Phox - November 27, 2018, 07:30 PM