Heron Lake Plateau I don't love you; but I always will.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Her heat had driven her afield from Phox and Camilla, though it ended just as abruptly as it had begun and she'd made her way back toward the new family with the intent to stay with them 'round the clock. For the past several days, she hadn't left them save to grab some fresh meat on occasion. She patrolled the area restlessly, not only trying to keep the newborns safe but also keep her mind off the possible consequences of her instinct-driven decisions lately. Could she even call them that, when it had seemed like she'd had no rational control over herself?

She was still pondering that when she noticed Camilla exit the den. Towhee didn't make a move toward her from where she stood about a hundred feet away, doing a routine sweep of the "borders" around the whelping den. Only when her sister-in-law staggered and fell did the Beta suddenly dart in her direction. Midway there, she sent a shout of @Raven's name to the skies.

The new mother was unresponsive by the time Towhee reached her. "Phox!" she called, sure he must be nearby, if out of sight. Was he inside the den? Feeling helpless to render aid to Camilla, the Beta loped to peek inside. She didn't see her brother, though she saw the pups squirming around in the dim. Fennec had crawled away from Fig. Impulsively, Towhee stepped inside, scruffed the littler whelp and nudged her back beside her brother, then scooped both toward her chest to keep them warm.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't love you; but I always will. - by Fennec - April 10, 2019, 06:33 PM
RE: I don't love you; but I always will. - by Towhee - April 11, 2019, 09:39 AM
RE: I don't love you; but I always will. - by Phox - April 12, 2019, 09:10 AM
RE: I don't love you; but I always will. - by Towhee - April 12, 2019, 09:58 AM
RE: I don't love you; but I always will. - by Figment - April 20, 2019, 08:48 AM
RE: I don't love you; but I always will. - by Fennec - April 23, 2019, 09:58 PM
RE: I don't love you; but I always will. - by Phox - May 01, 2019, 01:43 PM