Cedar Sweep Skeletons in the closet.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,008 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
I'm posting again to introduce the random event! I already tagged the "outies," gonna tag the "innies" as well. ;) @Dorea @Elfie @Figment @Phox @Pippin @Ruenna @Sundance

As she sprawled there on a bed of pine needles, Towhee contemplated whether this place might serve as a new stomping ground, once they freed everyone from the grove. She had wandered here often enough to know it could serve. But would remaining so close to their former home—not to mention, within sight of the wall—only serve as a bitter reminder? Even as she considered this, her gaze lifted to the impasse, picturing those still hidden within even as she waited for those lurking without.

Just in case anyone had returned her howl, Towhee turned to glance at her company. Before she'd even finished curving her neck in that direction, she felt the telltale tremor beneath her paws. She froze at the eerily familiar sensation, which she hadn't felt since the day of the landslide. She stood there like a statue, her heart breaking into a sprint, her stomach churning and a scream building in her throat, as the trembling grew worse.

Her bad leg buckled nearly right away, causing Towhee to fall onto her wounded hip. She hissed at the impact, though there was no time to see if the healing gash had torn open again. "Get down!" she shouted, the quaking so bad she couldn't even turn her head. Her teeth rattled as she clung to the shaking, shivering ground. The only thing she could manage was moving her eyes, which darted hither and thither before fixing on the distant rock wall.

Evidently, there was another part of her body that could move currently: Towhee's mouth fell wide open as she watched the rocks near the top of the pass shudder, shake loose and begin to slide. Some of them tumbled forward, into the sweep, while others disappeared from view as they presumably careened backward into Hideaway Strath.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Skeletons in the closet. - by Towhee - November 12, 2019, 12:21 PM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Rye - November 12, 2019, 01:42 PM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Towhee - November 12, 2019, 02:01 PM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Fennec - November 12, 2019, 04:04 PM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Merlin - November 15, 2019, 09:30 AM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Aneira - November 16, 2019, 08:09 AM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Effie - November 19, 2019, 09:56 PM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Towhee - December 02, 2019, 02:37 PM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Fennec - December 05, 2019, 07:21 PM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Towhee - December 11, 2019, 11:33 AM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Fennec - December 12, 2019, 09:54 AM