Cedar Sweep Skeletons in the closet.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,008 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
I apologize for skipping @Rye (who looks to have gone inactive, oop) and shoving this forward but my continuity is breaking and I need to move this along. :P

The quaking stopped as abruptly as it had started, though Towhee's heart continued to pound as it subsided. Shakily, she tried to regain her feet, her attention immediately fixing on Fen. She darted a little drunkenly to her daughter's side, pressing her cool nose against the curve of the youth's neck. She appeared fine, though Towhee asked (perhaps a bit too loudly), "Are you all right?"

After making sure no real damage had been done to the girl, Towhee glanced sharply at the crumbled pass. It was an entirely different shape now, the sheer rock wall lowered where many rocks had tumbled in either direction. But it was no less treacherous, she could see that from a distance. The ground was littered with sharp bits of broken rock. Trying to navigate through this minefield of sharp objects would be like running a gauntlet.

She turned to Fen again. Towhee wanted to tell her daughter to stay put, though she knew that wasn't fair. "Stay close behind me," she said sharply, then began to move. She was forced to pace herself, moving much more carefully and less rapidly than she would've liked. But Towhee had done enough damage, she wasn't going to go kamikaze all over again.

Somehow, she managed to reach the former gateway and scale what remained of the fallen wall. Her blood pounded in her ears as she called out to her loved ones and pack mates, one by one. "@Phox! @Figment!" she shouted desperately at the top of her lungs. "@Elfie! @Sundance! @Dorea!" She sucked in a loud breath. "@Ruenna! @Pippin!" Her voice cracked as the last name left her lips and Towhee pivoted, seeking Fen's face, awaiting some sign that anyone had answered Towhee's call.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Skeletons in the closet. - by Towhee - November 12, 2019, 12:21 PM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Rye - November 12, 2019, 01:42 PM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Towhee - November 12, 2019, 02:01 PM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Fennec - November 12, 2019, 04:04 PM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Merlin - November 15, 2019, 09:30 AM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Aneira - November 16, 2019, 08:09 AM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Effie - November 19, 2019, 09:56 PM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Towhee - December 02, 2019, 02:37 PM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Fennec - December 05, 2019, 07:21 PM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Towhee - December 11, 2019, 11:33 AM
RE: Skeletons in the closet. - by Fennec - December 12, 2019, 09:54 AM