Sun Mote Copse This mess is a place
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,010 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The story came pouring out in a flurry of limbs. Towhee hadn't been much for signing since relocating to Firebirds (especially since most here didn't know or use ptero) but that didn't mean she was any less fluent. She remained riveted as he explained, her insides clenching uncomfortably. She had told him she wouldn't meddle in their business or get between them, though she hadn't anticipated this turn of events. Towhee realized she might be forced to get in the middle anyway, either choose a side or mediate.

She didn't speak for a long time as she processed Phox's words and tried to look at the situation from all angles. Towhee couldn't help but think of when she'd lost Fen, then Phox and Fig, and, well... if she'd found out one of the Firebirds had known they were at Frosthawks the entire time without telling her, Towhee would've gone fucking berserk on them for letting her suffer so much. She peered soberly at her brother as she considered this, eventually shaking her head.

"I didn't know that, about Nellie," she said slowly. "That's a fucked up promise, you do realize that?" Towhee didn't jump to accusations or blame, though her orange gaze rested, unwavering, on Phox's face. "It seems really unfair on all sides. Why the hell wou—" But Towhee cut off with another shake of her head. "I mean, what's done is done. Did you two have a bad fight?"

She couldn't help but think of her huge row with Niamh, when her friend had decided to leave Redhawks to be with Colt. That memory still turned her stomach. Since then, Towhee had gained a better understanding of her friend's motives. Plus, Niamh had literally saved her life (more than once). Surely the argument between Niamh and Phox wasn't so bad that they couldn't make amends and work through it, if that's what they both wanted.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
This mess is a place - by Phox - January 22, 2020, 10:34 AM
RE: This mess is a place - by Towhee - January 22, 2020, 10:41 AM
RE: This mess is a place - by Phox - January 22, 2020, 11:13 AM
RE: This mess is a place - by Towhee - January 22, 2020, 11:25 AM
RE: This mess is a place - by Phox - January 22, 2020, 11:40 AM
RE: This mess is a place - by Towhee - January 22, 2020, 12:00 PM
RE: This mess is a place - by Phox - January 22, 2020, 12:10 PM
RE: This mess is a place - by Towhee - January 22, 2020, 12:18 PM
RE: This mess is a place - by Phox - January 22, 2020, 01:42 PM
RE: This mess is a place - by Towhee - January 22, 2020, 03:02 PM
RE: This mess is a place - by Phox - January 22, 2020, 06:50 PM