Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
"You might have to face that decision as a Sovereign next year."

"What do you mean, I might be Sovereign next year?"

"That's the natural succession of all things, I guess?"

"How do you figure? Are you planning on going somewhere?"

"I am neither leaving today, nor am I planning to die tomorrow. Not for a while anyway. But at some point in the future I might be willing to give up the leadership entirely."

"Fair enough. If you do decide to step down, just know I'm here to step up."

Towhee couldn't help but recall this conversation as she slowly wound her way around the copse's perimeter. She sighed. @Wraen had survived the hornets' onslaught but she was still in bad shape. Even if she made it out of the woods, there was a long load of recovery ahead of her. Neither one of them could've anticipated these circumstances but the Regent knew what she must do. She would make good on her word by stepping up and taking charge in the Sovereign's stead while she recuperated.

She was in no hurry to make an official announcement. Sighing again, Towhee finished her circuit, turned and began walking through the copse. She walked slowly, due largely to her own aches and pains following the encounter with the swarm. But there was also a lot on her mind, naturally. Right now in particular, she needed a few moments to grieve for a good friend's suffering.

Vague assumptions made per Me's note in Disco. Quoted conversation is from here and here.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Legacy rule. - by Towhee - July 21, 2020, 01:40 PM
RE: Legacy rule. - by RIP Niamh - July 21, 2020, 03:06 PM
RE: Legacy rule. - by Towhee - July 21, 2020, 05:35 PM
RE: Legacy rule. - by RIP Niamh - July 21, 2020, 06:43 PM
RE: Legacy rule. - by Towhee - July 21, 2020, 06:57 PM
RE: Legacy rule. - by RIP Niamh - July 21, 2020, 07:17 PM
RE: Legacy rule. - by Towhee - July 21, 2020, 07:28 PM
RE: Legacy rule. - by RIP Niamh - July 21, 2020, 07:37 PM
RE: Legacy rule. - by Towhee - July 21, 2020, 07:43 PM
RE: Legacy rule. - by RIP Niamh - August 04, 2020, 04:02 PM
RE: Legacy rule. - by Towhee - August 04, 2020, 07:08 PM