Redhawk Caldera Take me away to some place real
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,029 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The last few days had given Towhee quite a bad case of whiplash. Moving here had seemed like such a cool throwback at the time, not to mention a great way of dodging a bad situation back at the copse before it became worse. But with so many getting hurt around here ever since, it really began filling her with doubt. She couldn't help but think of her own fall back in the day and, with the initial excitement of the move faded, she realized she still held some measure of resentment toward the caldera. Was it really bad luck?

There was nothing for it right now, though. Fennec had been healing but now she was in bad shape again, though not quite as bad off as Alyx and Bronco. There was a cougar somewhere out there that might come back any day. Just a few days ago, she'd been bored, the most exciting part of her day assessing herself for any clues that her season might be approaching so she could take off when it did (maybe toward Kaertok, maybe just in some random direction that smelled like strange men). Well, life never ceased to be a roller coaster ride, did it?

And, actually, as she trudged downhill through a trench someone else had made through the snow—thank fuck for small miracles, she thought—Towhee wondered if it wasn't a good thing her heat appeared to be a little delayed this year. Who wanted to make babies in these conditions? Was it even a good idea to bring offspring into what felt like such a cursed world lately? She muttered under her breath, so caught up in her thoughts, she didn't even note Fennec nearby.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Take me away to some place real - by Fennec - January 05, 2021, 03:10 PM
RE: Take me away to some place real - by Towhee - January 05, 2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Take me away to some place real - by Fennec - January 05, 2021, 06:40 PM
RE: Take me away to some place real - by Towhee - January 05, 2021, 11:31 PM
RE: Take me away to some place real - by Fennec - January 06, 2021, 11:02 PM
RE: Take me away to some place real - by Towhee - January 06, 2021, 11:15 PM
RE: Take me away to some place real - by Fennec - January 07, 2021, 12:19 AM
RE: Take me away to some place real - by Towhee - January 07, 2021, 09:50 AM
RE: Take me away to some place real - by Fennec - January 07, 2021, 11:39 PM
RE: Take me away to some place real - by Towhee - January 09, 2021, 05:54 PM
RE: Take me away to some place real - by Fennec - January 10, 2021, 01:48 AM