Redhawk Caldera Life jacket orange
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,026 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Wraen didn't seem bothered by her rudeness, probably because she was used to it by now. When she moved in for a hug, Towhee pressed into it. She was run so ragged lately, she couldn't help but clutch at her friend, a steady rock in the turbulent waters of Towhee's life.

She didn't miss the way Wraen appraised her when she stepped back, calm as you please. In contrast, Towhee felt very flustered. She realized her friend must be noticing her likely disheveled appearance... not to mention how much less pregnant she was than last time.

"I never got around to talking to her," Towhee admitted, "and then one day, Phox came and told me she ran off. She was close to giving birth. She must've been out of her damn mind." But there was no heat as she said the words. "She would've delivered by now. Maybe that's why they haven't come back? I really don't know. But, uh, Reyes is back, so there's that, I guess. And I had the kids. Four of them."

She couldn't hear herself, though she imagined she sounded bone-weary just saying that. Although Wraen was her confidante—especially now with Phox and Niamh gone—Towhee refused to indulge a sudden impulse to complain about how hard it was rearing four pups, especially given the circumstances. It was challenging, though she would not forget that she loved her children, even if she was too drained to indulge it much lately.

"And you? How are you?" came the belated and admittedly distracted rejoinder.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Life jacket orange - by Wraen - April 07, 2021, 01:18 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Towhee - April 07, 2021, 02:03 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Wraen - April 07, 2021, 02:20 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Towhee - April 07, 2021, 02:38 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Wraen - April 07, 2021, 03:00 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Towhee - April 07, 2021, 03:21 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Wraen - April 10, 2021, 04:35 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Towhee - April 11, 2021, 08:38 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Wraen - April 15, 2021, 02:53 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Towhee - April 19, 2021, 12:31 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Wraen - April 23, 2021, 03:34 PM