Redhawk Caldera Life jacket orange
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,008 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Wraen wanted to know where she'd come up with the mouthful that was little Sphyrapicus's full name. It seemed to her like most Redhawks seemed to naturally possess an encyclopedic knowledge of birds, other animals too. Someone had once told her it all went back to her grandmother, March Owl. Towhee couldn't really explain it otherwise, so she merely winked and replied, "Pulled it out of my ass, just like the kid herself."

As far as Bobs and Johns went, Towhee rejoined, "Those sound like promising nicknames for the twins. I'm sure all four of them will have a plethora of ridiculous names in time." There was no real precedent for it, necessarily, but abruptly the Sovereign latched onto the idea.

But as tempting as it was to venture down the rabbit hole of silly pet names, a serious question popped into Towhee's head. "Wraen," she began, her sudden change in expression likely alerting her friend that something not quite so lighthearted was about to pop out of her mouth, "what am I going to do, if they don't come back?"

It was perhaps for the best if Niamh didn't return, though she was a package deal with Phox, wasn't she? What if neither one ever returned to the caldera? Not only would Towhee sorely miss her brother and the daily reminder of their once big, happy family so utterly torn apart... but what about the numbers? They were already a little thin on the ground, like she'd mentioned to Wraen.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Life jacket orange - by Wraen - April 07, 2021, 01:18 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Towhee - April 07, 2021, 02:03 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Wraen - April 07, 2021, 02:20 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Towhee - April 07, 2021, 02:38 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Wraen - April 07, 2021, 03:00 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Towhee - April 07, 2021, 03:21 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Wraen - April 10, 2021, 04:35 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Towhee - April 11, 2021, 08:38 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Wraen - April 15, 2021, 02:53 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Towhee - April 19, 2021, 12:31 PM
RE: Life jacket orange - by Wraen - April 23, 2021, 03:34 PM