Redhawk Caldera Die young.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,008 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
I think I'm gonna fade this one. Feel free to post again or send directly to the archives.

Rue did as Towhee asked. Even as the Sovereign soberly observed the call, she realized she could not face an indefinite wait. Who knew where Reyes was right now and how long it might be before he returned? Towhee's entire being recoiled at the thought of lingering here for hours with poor Marten's little body, waiting for that instant when her mate showed up to learn the terrible truth.

"I'm going to take Marten to the cave," Towhee said a little abruptly. "Please stay here with the others and tell Reyes where I've gone when he comes." She threw Rue a very sorry look indeed, hating that any of them were in this position. Hopefully he would hear those words and simply come meet her there, without forcing an explanation out of poor Rue.

Without another word, Towhee ever so gently scooped up her dead son. His weight felt all wrong in her mouth as she strode out of the Hobbit Hole, tears soon flowing down her cheeks to dampen his small body.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Die young. - by Towhee - April 08, 2021, 05:47 PM
RE: Die young. - by Ruenna - April 10, 2021, 03:24 PM
RE: Die young. - by Towhee - April 11, 2021, 07:05 PM
RE: Die young. - by Ruenna - April 18, 2021, 11:45 AM
RE: Die young. - by Towhee - April 19, 2021, 12:16 PM
RE: Die young. - by Ruenna - April 25, 2021, 10:38 AM
RE: Die young. - by Towhee - May 03, 2021, 09:21 AM